Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best places to retire w/ your boat? >

Best places to retire w/ your boat?

Notices

Best places to retire w/ your boat?

Old 05-19-2016, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes i live in Miami and i HATE it. For the one that know the pic below, this is the best. You are only down 3 months or so which helps to refresh and do stuff to the boat.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me, being able to walk out my back door and jumping on a golf cart to the dock where I can jump on a boat and go anytime would be ideal. Better yet would be a good commercial destination (good restaurant suitable for daily eating) and having a couple boats to choose from. It would also be nice to live within 90 min of an international airport making easier for folks to visit. I would look for a single location home and a good tow vehicle/company for some time away. What I live in doesn't matter so much as long is it is safe, within a reasonable distance of a medical facility & other necessities (i.e. grocery, hardware stores). I don't want to live around all old people like in the villages, fl....although my parents live there and they do like it. I currently have a multi level 4/3.5 and it is way more house than I need, a nice single floor 2/2 with a nice outdoor living space would do the trick (although an on water boat garage would be nice ). I have 12 years til I hit 65, what sort of stuff should I be doing now to prepare? (besides having the retirement age jacked up to 67 and social security funds depleated)
Old 05-19-2016, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SkaterMike82 - where is that in your arial view?
Old 05-20-2016, 11:45 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by scottgjerdingen
skatermike82 - where is that in your arial view?
loto

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-20-2016, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by scottgjerdingen
For me, being able to walk out my back door and jumping on a golf cart to the dock where I can jump on a boat and go anytime would be ideal. Better yet would be a good commercial destination (good restaurant suitable for daily eating) and having a couple boats to choose from. It would also be nice to live within 90 min of an international airport making easier for folks to visit. I would look for a single location home and a good tow vehicle/company for some time away. What I live in doesn't matter so much as long is it is safe, within a reasonable distance of a medical facility & other necessities (i.e. grocery, hardware stores). I don't want to live around all old people like in the villages, fl....although my parents live there and they do like it. I currently have a multi level 4/3.5 and it is way more house than I need, a nice single floor 2/2 with a nice outdoor living space would do the trick (although an on water boat garage would be nice ). I have 12 years til I hit 65, what sort of stuff should I be doing now to prepare? (besides having the retirement age jacked up to 67 and social security funds depleated)
Prepare, let's see. Good health, financially capable, still have a desire to own a boat and other life changing events
Old 05-20-2016, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
Would be great but sweating hurricanes every year would get old.
Hasn't been a hurricane here in 11 years...not worth worrying about
Old 05-20-2016, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember driving thru homestead, or what was left the year after andrew...that leaves an impression you don't forget.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:04 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by buck35
I remember driving thru homestead, or what was left the year after andrew...that leaves an impression you don't forget.
Agreed, but now they have earthquakes, hurricanes and crappy winters in most coastal areas. At least in Fla it's still just hurricanes. And they can be prepared for well in advance.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:05 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by SkaterMike82
Yes i live in Miami and i HATE it. For the one that know the pic below, this is the best. You are only down 3 months or so which helps to refresh and do stuff to the boat.

Looks like a giant redneck swamp. LOL.

I love LOTO, I see Dog Days is full up in that pic.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We get a month or 2 of winter here in the desert, volcano blows up every few hundred years. Worst thing is the fires!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.