Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Florida Powerboat Club In Key West, Readying For Cuba Run >

Florida Powerboat Club In Key West, Readying For Cuba Run

Notices

Florida Powerboat Club In Key West, Readying For Cuba Run

Old 05-20-2016, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I have to imagine Internet and WiFi is few and far in cuba. I bet once back there will be pics and reports all over
Old 05-20-2016, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 900 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I have to imagine Internet and WiFi is few and far in cuba. I bet once back there will be pics and reports all over
If someone brought along an old AOL CD rom they could feel like Al Gore when he invented the internet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyiRWdhgYsY
Old 05-20-2016, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 900 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
Any news on the convoy other that who had insurance?

Seems like an epic event with lackluster coverage.
Some folks want to live, some folks want to sell insurance!
Old 05-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait to see pictures, if they do it again next year I'm going... We looked into it and the only company that would write an insurance policy was based out of Canada... Hopefully by next year more companies will write some kind of rider for Cuba.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:29 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,787 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Any news on the convoy other that who had insurance?

Seems like an epic event with lackluster coverage.
Because the run went to Cuba, anything close to real-time coverage wasn't an option. Even the Florida Powerboat Club's own website had nothing.

Speedonthewater will, however, publish a wrap-up early next week. Heard lots and lots of tales since people returned.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Because the run went to Cuba, anything close to real-time coverage wasn't an option. Even the Florida Powerboat Club's own website had nothing.

Speedonthewater will, however, publish a wrap-up early next week. Heard lots and lots of tales since people returned.

Wasn't doggin' you Matt....more like who cares about the insurance....We are sending powerboats to Cuba for g sakes.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:11 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,787 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Wasn't doggin' you Matt....more like who cares about the insurance....We are sending powerboats to Cuba for g sakes.
I know you weren't! I just wanted to let you know that we hadn't fallen asleep at the wheel.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
STU was one of the boats that had our coverage,A claim would not have been paid if anything happened in Cuban waters and the correct coverage was not in place.
Well ...That's not good !! I can imagine that the "Lien Holder" on that note would be "Sucking up the Seat Covers" had they known that bit of information !!

Last edited by sprink58; 05-20-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
Well ...That's not good !! I can imagine that the "Lien Holder" on that note would be "Sucking up the Seat Covers" had they known that bit of information !!
Based on the stories I have been told by friends who escaped Cuba, "Lucky nobody close to the Castro's took a liking to those fancy boats and decided to keep one !"
Old 05-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
As long as there is a way to satisfy the lien (if there even is one) I don't think they would care one bit.

I can tell you that if I was approved to go on that trip but insurance said I shouldn't, insurance can lick my balls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.