Why hasn't anybody grabbed this deal?

Notices

Why hasn't anybody grabbed this deal?

Old 05-26-2016, 08:49 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SB
You do realize you posted that on Center Console's Only right ?
Just my opinion on the OP's initial question as to why no one has jumped on such a sweet deal. Certainly wasn't bragging about the 24' tooner with a Honda 150 that I ride around on these days.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Tim, that's not true. I bought your old boat!!!! We still enjoy it every chance we get. PM me your number and we will meet you guys at the yacht club and go for a ride. that will get you back into it!!!
Old 05-26-2016, 10:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_342
I may ruffle some feathers, but what the hell....

It's a gorgeous boat. Beautiful performance boats always catch my eyes and ears. Thought I'd never be interested in any other type of boat. BUT has anyone been to a boat show lately? There is no market for our beloved boats anymore. The sport isn't dying. It's dead!

You can pretty much count on one hand how many manufacturers are left (actually building and selling boats). You can probably get away with using the other hand to count how many each sell per year. It's all tooners and CCs anymore. I will never buy another go fast, because when you go to sell, there aren't any buyers left.

And it's not about the money. Pontoon manufacturers can't build $100k boats fast enough.
That's a terrible post but there's a lot of truth in there too.

The bigger part of the market has changed and sadly the biggest losers are the manufacturers trying to build affordable go fast boats and owners of go fast boats who want to sell them. CB's boat looks sensational and certainly priced right. Hope he can find a lucky buyer.

Maybe the market will change back one day and all the cc owners will be saying "If only this thing had a closed bow with a small galley, stand up head and vee-berth. Maybe even move the helm to one side behind a sleek windscreen, add nice stand up bolsters and a rear lounge would be awesome. A pair of big V-8's would sound so much nicer than the humm of these Verados........"

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 05-26-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua

The bigger part of the market has changed and sadly the biggest losers are the manufacturers trying to build affordable go fast boats and owners of go fast boats who want to sell them. CB's boat looks sensational and certainly priced right. Hope he can find a lucky buyer.

Maybe the market will change back one day and all the cc owners will be saying "If only this thing had a closed bow with a small galley, stand up head and vee-berth. Maybe even move the helm to one side behind a sleek windscreen, add nice stand up bolsters and a rear lounge would be awesome. A pair of big V-8's would sound so much nicer than the humm of these Verados........"

RR

But most of the CC's though this day have all that.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
But most of the CC's though this day have all that.
Technically speaking, that's true and the same could be said of many sailing boats and even Bayliners but that don't make it right!

These pretzels are making me thirsty....
Old 05-26-2016, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not selling because of the NXT's...SSM VI"s and it would be gone.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Technically speaking, that's true and the same could be said of many sailing boats and even Bayliners but that don't make it right!

These pretzels are making me thirsty....
Doesn't make it wrong either

Down here most never even see the cabin.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

RR
Change is definitely coming to the USA soon. Let's hope it's change for the better. Bring back the middle class. Loosen up credit restrictions. We will see.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Ortho kind of touched on this but I think you have to take TIMING into consideration too. Some just bought a boat before this AT hit the classifieds, others must sell a boat in order to buy their next toy. Basically the exact scenario Greg is in. I don't think there's anything wrong w/ the cat he's interested in but it's still for sale but I don't automatically assume there's something negative or wrong with it.

Boats may be toys to some but they are luxuries to most of us. I don't know too many Performance Boaters here on OSO that can just plop down $150k EVERYTIME they see a boat they'd like to own or think is a KILLER deal. Every so often I'm thinking things like, shopping for a new home, the kids braces, college tuition & or retirement savings have to be considered prior to making an impulse buy.

IMO I believe the sellers ability to accept a trade is PARAMOUNT in being able to sell a desirable boat that's priced right. Greg & I have discussed this.

Just my $.02!
Ding ding ding. Winner winner! Taking a trade is how I sold my 338.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_342
I may ruffle some feathers, but what the hell....

It's a gorgeous boat. Beautiful performance boats always catch my eyes and ears. Thought I'd never be interested in any other type of boat. BUT has anyone been to a boat show lately? There is no market for our beloved boats anymore. The sport isn't dying. It's dead!

You can pretty much count on one hand how many manufacturers are left (actually building and selling boats). You can probably get away with using the other hand to count how many each sell per year. It's all tooners and CCs anymore. I will never buy another go fast, because when you go to sell, there aren't any buyers left.

And it's not about the money. Pontoon manufacturers can't build $100k boats fast enough.

You are correct on many counts. Go fast boats are expensive to own/maintain/fuel/insure and have limited use. CC's/pontoons are cheaper alternatives with more flexible uses and appeal to a lot more buyers. Years ago go fast guys wouldn't consider a CC because they were slow.......today almost any triple engine CC will outrun any go fast vee bottom from the 80s-90's with stock power. CC's closed the gap and tossed in more usable space, a great shaded T Top and most even have an enclosed head for the ladies.

I posted a thread a couple years back, Hypothetically if you had 500K to spend and run the boat for 3 years and you could keep what was left over after selling the boat, what would you buy?........keep in mind this is hypothetical money being spent and I don't recall a single person saying they would buy a new go fast boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.