Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How much would you pay.... >

How much would you pay....

Notices

How much would you pay....

Old 09-24-2002, 05:40 PM
Cramer

Thumbs up How much would you pay....

I am looking to get some feed back on this boat. It is a 2002 Envision 3600 legacy with twin 502 mags. It has just about every option that was avalible.

What I need is what people think this boat is worth. I have called Envision direct and they won't give out priceing. And ABOS gives some outragouse number for resale value. So just some feed back on what every one else thinks it is worth.

Thanks

Cramer

Old 09-24-2002, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Talk to the guys at Broken Arrow Marine at LOTO. (unless that's who's selling the boat) They are the Envision dealer around here. and should know the pricing. Otherwise, checkout www.boatraderonline.com or www.yachtworld.com and search for Envisions.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:51 AM
Cramer

I allready looked for these boats every where else. And I know Bert and the boys at Broken Arrow. But what I am trying to do is get a price to base a trade in on... Since there were only a few of these boats made. ABOS quotes them so high that you could buy a new one for the same price... So I guess what I am trying to do is get a more realistic number for the actual buyers of these boats.

But thanks

Cramer

Old 09-26-2002, 06:22 PM
Number 1

Default nothing...

what would I pay? - Nothing...

I don't think much of Envision boats. If you do your homework you'll find out they do not hold their value and for good reason. Try to find a few ex-Envision owners (one's that have sold their boats...not one's selling) and you'll get some not-so-good news....

Old 09-26-2002, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: nothing...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Number 1
[B]what would I pay? - Nothing...

That is going to go over well. Two posts in and this guy maskes a post like this. That is a good way to make friends.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:49 AM
Number 1

would you prefer people lie to him and have him invest his hard earned money an possibly sign a long term financial committment in a boat that literally falls apart underneath him as he's driving it?

Why don't you ask sterndrivespec about Envision boats and his experience trying to keep thses things together?

as much as it might dismay you... I'm doing the guy a favor instead of biting my tongue...

pardon me for utilizing the forum for it's intended purpose.

Old 09-27-2002, 09:03 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I too, have not heard "glowing" reports about Envisions! Their resale value is pretty bad, they don't perform all that well, and they have had some workmanship issues. Cramer, I'd advise that you really research this throughly, (as you are) before you buy. When you say ABOS gives an "outragous" # for resale, good or bad?
Sorry, didn't mean to burst your bubble.
Good luck,
MD
Old 09-27-2002, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Number 1,

We see new members come on board all the time trashing Brand X. Just using the board for it's intended purpose - doing everyone a favor. Then we find out their true motive: They work for a competitor or have an axe to grind.

I'd prefer you handle the situation like I did. Send a PM or email. Your first few posts here should be introductory. Tell us about yourself - it will make your story more believable.

If you would like to send me a message or email with details that would be great! I have an interest. My 29' Envision runs great. Is it fast? Not particularly - but no one I know of has put real power in one of these boats. I agree with Gordo's post regarding Envisions in rough water. It cuts through waves like a hot knife through butter. Last I heard from the guys on this board, that is a good thing.

Is it on par with a Cig or Apache? Nope. But it's not a POS either.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI,

Broken Arrow also sells Checkmate's. They don't care which boat I buy as long as I buy from them. They ran a Checkmate 320 against an Envision 32. Both powered by twin 6.2's.

The Envision won.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as YOU have firsthand experiences to back up your opinion, then fine. Say your thoughts. Don't say, oh this guy said this or I heard this. They sure are popular and seem to hold up fine on LOTO.

Quick Reply: How much would you pay....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.