Notices

got me a new boat

Old 09-28-2002, 08:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a Scorpion around here that is mint and bad ass! It is a bigger one, and looks like brand new.

I just got my first twin this year too. I usually dock with only one engine in gear and the other idling. I was used to only one control for docking, and four were just too much for me to operate under stress!

The twin alpha's will probably hold up ok. Mine are 1985's and I'm pretty sure they are original. Just keep good oil in them (changed mine this morning).

Alpha does make a counter rotating lower. I was thinking of getting one myself, then I could save the other for a spare for either of my boats.

What engines does it have?

Good luck with the new project!
Old 09-28-2002, 09:05 PM
Registered

The first boat I owned was a 230 Scorpian. We lived in SW Florida at the time and have some great memories form it. The only thing I didn't like was the amount of deck flex when running in rough stuff. Never had any problems with the hull or stringers.
Good luck with your new toy, I'm sure you'll have some great times too.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:17 PM
Registered

Just remember, now you have two props, so you can power dock better. You know throw 'em both in reverse buzz 'em then toss a line like you know what your doing. And the good thing is that when you stall a motor doing that, and smoke the dock, you know how to fix it.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:58 PM
Kohldog

You will definately enjoy the Scorpion. I've had a 260 for 4 years and have gotten a ton of enjoyment out of it. Haven't had any problems with the hull or stringers but did have the sling braces replaced last year due to a bit of cracking. Part of that may be due to having the 260's and alphas replaced with 454 mags and bravos. The boat will fly level and it runs well in big cruiser chop or flying across lake Superior.

Last edited by Kohldog; 09-29-2002 at 12:11 AM.

Old 09-29-2002, 01:03 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

cuda- this boat has stock 260 mercs. i'll prolly leave em alone for now, they are very well running unmolested originals. an thats a good idea about finding a counter rotating alpha an keeping the extra one for a spare. gonna hafta look into that . also heard the alpha ss is a good addition. any thoughts .

nice boat kohhldog. hows it run with the big blocks an brovos. how tough was the conversion. the more i look at this boat the more i think i will have it around for a while. the things got a ton of room on it. im gonna have some fun with this thing.

madcow- i'm gonna hafta remember that tip. i've been watch'n some of you LEOPA guys long enough so i know what not to do . . hey if you get this message early give me a call . thinkin about go'n ride'n in the morning. if you get this later give me a call any way an pick up yer jet ski . . shes ready to go an i'm outa town for the whole week.

audio, your right . . i may just hafta get alittle nuts on this one. i got the whole winter to come up with somthing hmmmm

boaat'n rules
Old 09-29-2002, 08:58 AM
Kohldog

Dave, it runs pretty well and will break 70 with a light load. It definately surprises people when they see this old boat passing their new go fast boats.

The switch was made right before I got the boat. The transom had to be redone because the BB's are wider than the SB's. New motor mounts were made and the controls were switched to Merc zero efforts. Sorry I can't tell you the specifics on this.

You will definately love the boat and you're right, it does have a ton of room.

Docking mine with counter rotating props is a brease. When I'm docking I don't touch the wheel at all and just use the shifters to put it wherever it neads to go.

Old 09-29-2002, 10:31 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Say good-bye to the windows
Old 09-29-2002, 11:20 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

hey jon . . now thats a good idea . . .hmmmm . . . also thinkin about lowering the windshield and making it solid like a fairing. . . .see, now ya got me all fired up to turn this into a huge project. already started on some layouts. damn you . . .i gotta get go'n , i only have the winter to get this thing done. . . .oh man what did i get myself into. . . . geeze, i hafta keep a cool head. as it stands all it really needs is a serious buff an wax . . .but noooooooooooooooo i think i'll just take the whole thing apart instead . . .yea thats the smart thing to do . . . .oh god i need help . . . maaybe i just need a break from OSO. . . .yea thats it . . i'll go out to the country, where theres no water. stay on a farm or somthin. . . .ahhhh screw it. i'm head'n out back to work on the boat.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:40 AM
Registered

WHAT A V-HAUL AND NOT A CAT I thought I tought you better than that. L.O.L. That should be a great boat for you dave it's been good for Ken. As far as moving around the docks let me know and I show ya how to walk it sideways. Lets get together for halloween at the bay.
Old 09-29-2002, 06:28 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

sounds good tizbad . . .i'll bring the cap'n morgans . . was think'n about make'n halloween at the bay my maiden voyage. hear there is a pretty good group going

Quick Reply: got me a new boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.