Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Wake boats, bad trailering and accidents! >

Wake boats, bad trailering and accidents!

Notices

Wake boats, bad trailering and accidents!

Old 06-29-2016, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing how the people drove off on the side of the road to avoid hitting the bike and kept on going. Not stopping to call 911 or help the guy.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Now if would have just stuck the landing .....
Old 06-29-2016, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I'm a motorcycle rider as well, and while it was definitely primarily the fault of the driver/person who strapped that float on the boat...
...the motorcycle should have NEVER been there; and I lay some of the blame on him as well. He was too close, too casual, and obviously not dressed for the fall. He's very lucky.
News report interviewed him. Bought the bike in the last few months as a 20th birthday present for himself. Rash and bruising were his only injuries, bike was written off. He was wearing a chest/spine protector that he bought the day of the crash!
Old 06-29-2016, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandonb_05
Amazing how the people drove off on the side of the road to avoid hitting the bike and kept on going. Not stopping to call 911 or help the guy.
I would have went and gotten the SUV to pull over just so the kid who ate it could get taken care of by the SUV's insurance.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I rode motorcycles for many years and I definitely agree that the kid was way too passive. He hardly even swerved to avoid the mat. Everyone should be required to take the motorcycle safety course prior to getting on the road. And riding in shorts is a big no no! Always gear up! Now as for the boat owner, he should be cited with a major fine!!
Old 06-29-2016, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not directly related to this incident, but just in reference to the way a lot of people drive in general these days: Leave some space instead of riding the ass of the guy in front of you!! I drive the interstate every day to and from work, and I constantly see cars sitting right on top of the car in front of them, even when they are running down the road at 85 MPH. I can understand if someone is going slow in the fast lane, but this usually happens when the car in front is going with the speed of traffic. I was taught, and still believe it is a very good idea, to give yourself two seconds of reaction time between yourself and the car in front of you. IMO this is an instigator of road rage in many cases. Relax and just drive like you have some sense, people. Tailgating is not going to make the guy in front of you move over - it might just pizz him off to the point where he locks up his brakes.

Combine the tailgating with texting, talking on the phone, eating, or otherwise distracted driving, and I would bet this accounts for 85% of the wrecks we see every day.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

I have rode since I was 7 and have maybe a 1/2 million road miles in everything from snow to sleet coming over Colorado mountains.
He did what happens a lot, you can see him looking at the thing that fell and pretty much rode into it.

Look where you want to go,,,,,,,,,,,either way the boat driver should have been cited as well.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I would have went and gotten the SUV to pull over just so the kid who ate it could get taken care of by the SUV's insurance.
Absolutely what I would have done, or at the very least call in the report to the cops and tail him until they apprehended him.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Absolutely what I would have done, or at the very least call in the report to the cops and tail him until they apprehended him.
Give the guy a break, I'm sure he didn't put his $500 lillypad on the back so it would get destroyed. If he knows it happened... I'm sure the emotional stress is way more than any fine that can be imposed. stuff happens
Old 06-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinb230
Give the guy a break...stuff happens
Idiots happen...this guy could have been killed. I've spent the last 20 years lashing stuff down from my construction business, you either make the effort or don't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.