Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Its like watching the house market crash all over again only with boats. >

Its like watching the house market crash all over again only with boats.

Notices

Its like watching the house market crash all over again only with boats.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by ben
I'm headed there in the morning also! Should be a great weekend, hopefully these storms didn't wash too much debris into the water.
Yeah they got hammered yesterday. Just depends on what Truman dumps our way.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

For those "Anti-Florida" and freshwater fans:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...9_M48018-32474
25.8 million, 63,000 sq ft and 16.5 acres on the biggest freshwater lake in NH

Taxes are $337,000 a year. You can buy the homes separately for 12.8 million each if you don't want the whole compound. The owner is Bob Bahre, the former owner of the NH Nascar track that sold last year (his share was 350 million)!
Old 07-14-2016, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
I live in CT and have for 40 years. Expensive is true but I wouldn't make the wage down there like I do here, so it's partly relative...but still FL is way easier than CT or LI for expenses. I have a business here so I have no choice but to stay, however I love the seasons...couldn't imagine not seeing the fall drop...football...apples...fires...etc. We ski in the winter quite a bit so we don't mind snow. And LI Sound, east end of LI are my favorite waters to boat in, I would't want to be anywhere else. I've spent plenty of time in FL, it's no place that has any desire for me from climate to topography, to...anything really except a longer boating season.

I'll tough it out up here, I'd actually like to get a dump in the Hamptons and remodel it and retire there (remodeling/construction is my business), just love the east end of LI.

But from an expense standpoint, you're much better off in FL no question.
You don't have to justify it to me, Florida is not for everyone. There are parts of CT/LI that I really miss, I still go up a few weeks a year in the summer and around Christmas to see family. My wife and I would actually love to buy in Montauk down the road for a vacation home, if we can ever afford it. The fall is unbeatable up there, my favorite time anywhere in the world. But for me the amount of good things compared to bad down here so far outweigh the good/bad up there, that is why I love it down here. I'm also in a business where we sell nationally so pay is the same for me either place.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:21 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,108 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

Taxes are $337,000 a year. You can buy the homes separately for 12.8 million each if you don't want the whole compound. The owner is Bob Bahre, the former owner of the NH Nascar track that sold last year (his share was 350 million)!

Yup, it's huge...a site to see, but that $$$ really limits the market of who can buy and of those who would buy. Our lake is beautiful, but not $45 mil beautiful, if you know what I mean.Many, many 1-3+ million places. A good amt of $3+ places also. 45 mil can buy in a much nicer area. My 02.

BTW: I sat in his box for the races some years ago. Long story. LOL.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Yup, it's huge...a site to see, but that $$$ really limits the market of who can buy and of those who would buy. Our lake is beautiful, but not $45 mil beautiful, if you know what I mean.Many, many 1-3+ million places. A good amt of $3+ places also. 45 mil can buy in a much nicer area. My 02.

BTW: I sat in his box for the races some years ago. Long story. LOL.
Yeah when it was originally listed it was 50 million or very close. Even at 25 million ask you are looking for a very exclusive buyer that wants to dump huge money into a limited use property......3 months a year that is a great lake but the other 9 months it is too cold to go in!

If taxes are 1/3 of a million alone I suspect that place would cost 1mm a year to run/own......$55,000 a month left over to staff it, insure it, clean it, cut the grass and run the utilties!
Old 07-14-2016, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish i'd purchased yours. I purchased an 04 Donzi 38zx from Shogrens last fall. We put approx 2 hours on it 40 mph max. My nieces son was scared to death. I didn't want to ruin his possible passion for boating. That was Labor Day Weekend.2015 fast forward 2016 West Michigan Off shore poker run. The 2nd time out with my new boat, very excited, At the second card stop approx 20 miles port engine took a dump.The boat has 160 hours 525's I was informed tonite that engine has been punched 30 already You knew your 35 loved it and cared for it. I sold my 32 Sunsation with Pride and knowing it was 100%. Sogren Does NOT know the brokerage boats only $$ they can make. I would strongley insist on a minimum 4 hour sea trial AND RUN THE **** OUT OF IT. Had I done so .it would not be my wallet or shot summer.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin murphy
Wish i'd purchased yours. I purchased an 04 Donzi 38zx from Shogrens last fall. We put approx 2 hours on it 40 mph max. My nieces son was scared to death. I didn't want to ruin his possible passion for boating. That was Labor Day Weekend.2015 fast forward 2016 West Michigan Off shore poker run. The 2nd time out with my new boat, very excited, At the second card stop approx 20 miles port engine took a dump.The boat has 160 hours 525's I was informed tonite that engine has been punched 30 already You knew your 35 loved it and cared for it. I sold my 32 Sunsation with Pride and knowing it was 100%. Sogren Does NOT know the brokerage boats only $$ they can make. I would strongley insist on a minimum 4 hour sea trial AND RUN THE **** OUT OF IT. Had I done so .it would not be my wallet or shot summer.
saw something about a month ago, somebody took one of their boats for a sea trial and the engine blew. Older 27 checkmate I think, still wanted crazy money for it. Stuff is over price for sure. But being a broker I don't know how much I put on shrogen here, if it was their boat then maybe. But being a broker, its not theirs, and buyer beware.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin murphy
What would you want Shogren's to do?

You bought an eleven year old boat and had it for a year. What if the buyer of your Sunsation came back after a year and complained about repairs being needed?

Last edited by NitroSun; 07-16-2016 at 06:14 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey just seeing this...so far 3 months...not missing it...but so busy with other things right now. I will see what happens over next summer and how bad I miss it. I want to do some BOOPB...Boating On Other Peoples Boats!
Old 10-17-2016, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

I think we've found something that depreciates as bad as a boat.

Bob Pockrass
NASCAR

When Speedway Motorsports Inc. bought New Hampshire Motor Speedway in January 2008 for $340 million in cash, it was an indication of what a track that hosted NASCAR races was worth then.

A little less than eight years later, despite increased television revenues, the track-operating company founded by Bruton Smith devalued the 1.058-mile racetrack by approximately $100 million as part of its 2015 second quarter financial report that was released Wednesday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.