Notices

Chevy Avalanche

Old 09-30-2002, 08:33 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

I also compared the 2003 AV with the 2003 Silverado; front end wise. They are NOT EXACTLY the same. The grill is bigger on the Avalanche. You have to look close, and/or go with a tape measure. It looks as though the uncladded version is the same as the new Silverado. Expect the Suburban and Tahoe to be next.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

I have driven an Avalanche for a long distance (not towing) and really liked it.
This thread makes me LOL cause I work for Chevy Advertising and hear these brands all day long.....
However, i enjoy reading peoples opinions...etc. It's like an online focus group
Old 09-30-2002, 01:13 PM
skaterize

Cmon guys are true love is boats, lets remember we are all friends here i understand some people are very passionate about what they drive but its obvious he wants to know both good and bad but you dont have to put in the sarcastic, If he wanted to buy a truck he would buy a truck, lets keep it friendly. I'm sure you wouldnt want someone to say that you wanna have a fast , boat but i see you you have that piece of !@#$%. Craig

Old 09-30-2002, 02:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Well put skaterize. Obviously, MNFastBoat has a liking to the styling, otherwise he would not be asking. He just wanted to know capabilities.

MNFastBoat... send a PM to bsag, (Brett Dean), he will walk you through the entire process, and take very good care of you.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:59 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Hugh

I would hold out for the diesel I was'nt a disel person untell now for towing your boat I'm telling you it would be the cats meow.

If your interested you could tow your boat around town whith my tuck some afternoon and you will see what I mean for towing disel is ware it's at.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:01 AM
Registered

Hey guy's,Long time no post from me.But when I came on and seen and Avalanche post I couldn't resist.I bought mine almost one year to the date.And I have to say I absolutly love it.It works awesome on the highways and rides like a gem.Motortrend even said it rode better than a Caddy.There just over priced wannabe trucks anyway. The only thing that pissed me off the most is I email'd Chevy about a year before this truck came out.I actually saw a drawing from a friend who's buddy designed the truck.Thats when I got intetested.I kept my eye on it from then on and knew I wanted it.Finally it got released at the auto show and fell in love with it even more.Right after I found out it was going into production I emailed them and asked if they were going to make it in Yellow.I wanted it in yellow so bad.They said no imediate plans for yellow then or in the future.And what do they offer this coming January ??? North Face edition in yellow.Looks amazing with the darker cladding.As for the new Av's,they look terrilbe without,To me thats what distinguishes this truck from others. I also wish I could have got the Duramax. But other than that.I wouldn't trade this truck for anything (unless I could afford and H2) Talk to you later guys.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:20 AM
Registered

Hey guy's,Long time no post from me.But when I came on and seen and Avalanche post I couldn't resist.I bought mine almost one year to the date.And I have to say I absolutly love it.It works awesome on the highways and rides like a gem.Motortrend even said it rode better than a Caddy.There just over priced wannabe trucks anyway. The only thing that pissed me off the most is I email'd Chevy about a year before this truck came out.I actually saw a drawing from a friend who's buddy designed the truck.Thats when I got intetested.I kept my eye on it from then on and knew I wanted it.Finally it got released at the auto show and fell in love with it even more.Right after I found out it was going into production I emailed them and asked if they were going to make it in Yellow.I wanted it in yellow so bad.They said no imediate plans for yellow then or in the future.And what do they offer this coming January ??? North Face edition in yellow.Looks amazing with the darker cladding.As for the new Av's,they look terrilbe without,To me thats what distinguishes this truck from others. I also wish I could have got the Duramax. But other than that.I wouldn't trade this truck for anything (unless I could afford and H2) Talk to you later guys.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:02 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I hear they call it an Avalanche because it looks like a bunch of crap just fell on it.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:49 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Nice SD, nice post.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:11 PM
Roy

I l love mine. Just have the 5.3 but I only tow a 24'. Seems to have more power than my extended cab did. Works good w/kids and rides alot better than the extended cab. My buddy has the 8.1 he will be looking to get rid of he is going to a Hummer. When he bought he wanted something different but there is a bunch around now. My town has about 2000 people and there are 8 Avalanches that I know of.