Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Erie was fun this weekend! 35 mistress and Frickstyles 38 gun >

Lake Erie was fun this weekend! 35 mistress and Frickstyles 38 gun

Notices

Lake Erie was fun this weekend! 35 mistress and Frickstyles 38 gun

Old 07-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 84 Posts

These boats are still so capable of covering so much distance and having fun.

Back in the old days, with the production class boats, we would often race on the weekend and then use the same boat to run over to Bimini for a skin diving trip at the first of the week.

Motorboating magazine did a great article back in the mid 70's of a bunch of Mistress and Awesome owners who got together and did a one week tour of the Bahamas islands. Some stayed overnight in the cabins and some got hotel rooms, but they all traveled all over the banks and the tongue of the ocean. The boats are better than we are, we should let them show us now and then just how good they are.

Use them they were not meant to be trailer queens.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Oh, we used them alright, up to the point some of us ran out of talent....

Also, it was great to see other nice boats out yesterday. I was trying to get into Boyne, but had a lot of fun on the local waters and made the best of it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557153[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Lake Erie was fun this weekend! 35 mistress and Frickstyles 38 gun-6237.jpg  
Old 07-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Ok. With all this sworn to secrecy and ran out of talent. I'm going with some cig guys trying to hide the fact a fountain walked the dog on em in some snot.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:32 PM
Registered

Ha, no, I would have admitted that. Bottom line is everyone is fine and no broken boats. We all had a great weekend. Still dealing with clogged fuel filters though!
Old 07-11-2016, 03:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I absolutely LOVE my Mistress, the quality at 31 years old is still amazing, no rot, never redone, and rock solid more then any 35 I been on, I use it and beat it every weekend I can... never gets old! at 73 mph its no beast but sure is fun, and in the bigger water not many can go much faster then me anyway... when it's big enough everyone has to slow down lol

Originally Posted by Top Banana
These boats are still so capable of covering so much distance and having fun.

Back in the old days, with the production class boats, we would often race on the weekend and then use the same boat to run over to Bimini for a skin diving trip at the first of the week.

Motorboating magazine did a great article back in the mid 70's of a bunch of Mistress and Awesome owners who got together and did a one week tour of the Bahamas islands. Some stayed overnight in the cabins and some got hotel rooms, but they all traveled all over the banks and the tongue of the ocean. The boats are better than we are, we should let them show us now and then just how good they are.

Use them they were not meant to be trailer queens.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

It might just be me but it looks like Tim's 35 Mistress rides a little better then Frickstyle 38 gun? But I would take either one.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mine rides more level that's all, the Mistress has a heavy front end and COG is way forward, look how much farther my bolsters are, I use no tab at all to keep bow down, never need it, I could make ride smoother but no reason to when we are having fun, and I would take Justins over mine any day lol

Originally Posted by Craney
It might just be me but it looks like Tim's 35 Mistress rides a little better then Frickstyle 38 gun? But I would take either one.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This is No tab at all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCKi8mBf840
Old 07-11-2016, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Fryckstyle you got that thing over trimmed? It shouldn`t look like a 35 Sonic trying to carry the bow.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Craney
Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Fryckstyle you got that thing over trimmed? It shouldn`t look like a 35 Sonic trying to carry the bow.
I had the tabs all the way up and was cruising at 30mph after a slight "incident", I was way behind Tim and was just cruising slowly the rest of the way to our stop. Waves were big and the boat was bow happy, I didn't have it setup properly.

It runs plenty flat at cruise with even tabs. It does look like a bucking bronco in Tim's video. We'll get a better run recorded with it at speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.