fountian building a new 24'

Notices

fountian building a new 24'

Old 07-16-2016, 11:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by buck35
This thread is reminding me more of the whats wrong in performance boating thread. A builder back from the dead, and mostly sarcasm for the efforts??
Agree to a certain extent but it's still pretty light-hearted.

What I can't understand is with so much attention now on the Internet, why would fountain not post this on their website? We all want to see Fountain (and others) actively building boats and then when they decide to do so, they leak it out on social media rather than add it to their website as front page news.

According to their website, the 24 doesn't even exist. This is starting to sound like the 29' that was was having a few tweaks for the boat show circuit last year and never eventuated. Come on Fountain, pull your finger out, update your website and spread some good news to the boating fraternity rather than some of your mates on social media.

Little rant over.

RR
Old 07-17-2016, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 891 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by buck35
This thread is reminding me more of the whats wrong in performance boating thread. A builder back from the dead, and mostly sarcasm for the efforts??
while any thing they do is a move forward I am not sure that building a boat they quit building years ago is really "bringing them back from the dead".

it would be like GM starting pontiac back up by offering a '84 Gran Prix.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
while any thing they do is a move forward I am not sure that building a boat they quit building years ago is really "bringing them back from the dead".

somebody must have wanted it for them to build it,

besides isn't that what pretty much everyone else is doing? using the same old molds with new bling.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine

If that '84 Gran Prix re-release has T-Tops, an LS-7, and a T-56, I'm a buyer..... But if it has the same old 305 and 3 speed, with today's price tag, not a chance. Guessing the same comparisons could be drawn on a "new" 24CS.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
If that '84 Gran Prix re-release has T-Tops, an LS-7, and a T-56, I'm a buyer..... But if it has the same old 305 and 3 speed, with today's price tag, not a chance. Guessing the same comparisons could be drawn on a "new" 24CS.
There is a lot of chatter on farce book, asking about packages and the place looks pretty busy from the pics.
Someone asked about building one with a 600, that would a tight bilge!
Old 07-17-2016, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Agree to a certain extent but it's still pretty light-hearted.

What I can't understand is with so much attention now on the Internet, why would fountain not post this on their website? We all want to see Fountain (and others) actively building boats and then when they decide to do so, they leak it out on social media rather than add it to their website as front page news.

According to their website, the 24 doesn't even exist. This is starting to sound like the 29' that was was having a few tweaks for the boat show circuit last year and never eventuated. Come on Fountain, pull your finger out, update your website and spread some good news to the boating fraternity rather than some of your mates on social media.

Little rant over.

RR
It's not leaking on social media. It's build pics of tons of boats from fountains to donzis to pro lines and bajas. There is a 700/6 35 Donzi being built also. Cool stuff if you follow the Facebook stuff.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
It's not leaking on social media. It's build pics of tons of boats from fountains to donzis to pro lines and bajas. There is a 700/6 35 Donzi being built also. Cool stuff if you follow the Facebook stuff.
Thank you, I'm not a f book user. Sounds like there's a lot of stuff going on at the factory but if you're not on facebook you wouldn't know.

100 % of facebook users also use the Internet. What is the percentage of Internet users who also use Facebook? I'm sure it's a lot less than 100%. To reach a few more people, maybe some old school technophobes in the mix, I think their website is better than Facebook.

I may be a bit slow on the social media but I'm not alone.

RR
Old 07-17-2016, 01:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

Facebook is a much easier way for businesses to communicate with customers and stay busy working. You don't have to pay someone to sit on a computer and fabricate marketing material then distribute it. Marketing goes like this...

Owner walks into shop, snaps a couple cool shots, posts on FB or IG. Done in 13 seconds.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

I was on cape cod Friday and saw what looked like a 22 donzi being put in the water. I asked about it at the marina and they said it was built by fountain and it had a 565 in it supposedly. Thought maybe I was getting some wrong info then I stumbled on this thread. Interesting. Boat looked sharp
Old 07-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 1,323 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAG
Facebook is a much easier way for businesses to communicate with customers and stay busy working. You don't have to pay someone to sit on a computer and fabricate marketing material then distribute it. Marketing goes like this...

Owner walks into shop, snaps a couple cool shots, posts on FB or IG. Done in 13 seconds.
True but if u want to research models or get anything else it sucks. Disappears fast and only those following see the post.

I think you need both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.