MTI Water Tests New 340X Catamaran, Debut Set for Shootout Week >

MTI Water Tests New 340X Catamaran, Debut Set for Shootout Week

Notices

MTI Water Tests New 340X Catamaran, Debut Set for Shootout Week

Old 08-01-2016, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
that "some I/o" is 2-3x cost of an outboard when comparing motors alone. Add #6's and the price doubles again. Sooo yea it is ok.
Just wanted to understand some peoples thought process....to me it is not with the added upfront and upkeep cost.

Just showing that everyone has a different thought process on what they find "fair" in price.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

When I spoke to Randy and Tim about the boat at the show they also indicated that price as a ballpark that would include a high end paint job and trailer as well out the door with props etc.

The pricing is in line for what a 318 Wide body Skater would be as well. As you all said the Sonic/Spectre is significantly cheaper but not the same level of brand. Not saying they are a bad boat but just different brand.
MTI has a strong following and from what I am hearing from them they already have quite a few sold.
As these OB Cats get more popular I am sure we will see 450hp Verado also in the coming year which will add to excitement.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
but a 44 MTI is OK at double the cost or more cause it has some i/o and 10 extra feet of length?
well considering that the majority of those boats will be sold with merc 1350s and m8s that run 200k each, I would expect the price of the 44 to considerably more. As far as I am concerned all of the prices are out of control. but like I said before, its not my money, and for those that want to spend it, more power to them. As long as there is someone willing to pay that kind of money for a boat, then the companies are going to charge it
Old 08-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

A Lamborghini is more expense then a corvette!