Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New Smartcraft Motor - How to Convert Digital to Analog Signal to Use Old Gauges >

New Smartcraft Motor - How to Convert Digital to Analog Signal to Use Old Gauges

Notices

New Smartcraft Motor - How to Convert Digital to Analog Signal to Use Old Gauges

Old 08-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Smartcraft Motor - How to Convert Digital to Analog Signal to Use Old Gauges

I have a 2008 Eliminator that previously had a 496 motor in it. I recently installed a 2011 Mercruiser 8.2 Mag that has Smartcraft features/digital output for the gauges, so now my Livorsi oil pressure and water temp gauges do not work. What is the best way to get my gauges working again? Has anyone installed an Analog Gauge Interface kit to convert from digital to analog signals? Is Mercury part # 892486K08 the kit that I need? What is involved in installing it? Thanks in advance for any input you may have.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have both with my boat. Vessel View 7 outputting digital SmartCraft data, and analog gauges at the helm...both work.

I believe that there are two senders for oil pressure/water temp...one for the ECU (smartcraft) and one for the analog helm gauges. Adding a pressure transducer and temp sender and wiring them to your analog helm gauges might be the cheapest/easiest, since much of the wiring may still be in place.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Mercury makes digital to analog convertor that will take all information and convert it for standard gauges. I would contact local mercury dealer.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3214965...&ul_noapp=true

Old 08-04-2016, 03:52 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Also known as AGI box. Merc or Livorsi has them.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input guys. I am fairly sure my motor only has one sender per gauge, so I could add a sender by teeing off and just splicing in to my harness. But, I am going to look into the AGI box option too - has anyone ever installed one?