Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Formula stock ladder painful to climb! >

Formula stock ladder painful to climb!

Notices

Formula stock ladder painful to climb!

Old 08-07-2016, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Formula stock ladder painful to climb!

Has anyone modified their Formula stock ladder to make it less painful to climb? Mine is the 3 step that folds up and is a nice ladder, but the rungs are only about 1.5" round stainless. They have no 'flat' area for your foot to rest, and when you try to climb it, it is very painful to climb.

The catch is the way the ladder folds, It has very little space between the rungs when folded up so I don't have a lot of space to add something on, maybe 1/2" between the rungs.

Im thinking about just having someone weld some stainless plate onto each step, but wanted to see if someone out there has solved this problem another way. Perhaps with an all new ladder that fits under the stock ladder cover.

FYI this is not an 'under platform' mount, or I would just replace it with new. It is one that needs to fit in the platform cutout that is on the top of the stock formula swim platform.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Old 03-31-2017, 02:27 PM
Registered

ttt
Old 03-31-2017, 02:28 PM
Registered

Surely there is some formula owner out there that modified their ladder?
Old 03-31-2017, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Yes, Formula ladders blow (the older ones like yours). Measure your ladder well dimensions and see what 3 or 4 step Windline ladder you can fit under there. I know newer Formulas come with Windline or Garelick telescoping ladders so a call to Formula may net you what you are looking for.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:59 PM
Registered

Thanks so much knot! has anyone put this in their 382 in the ladder 'pocket'? https://windline.com/index.php?route...&product_id=57