If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Were doomed! Charter Member Wally's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Chris Craft Stinger 222
    Chicago, IL
    Holy cow! I'm at a loss for words about this screwup! Get well soon man.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Charter Member#330 Charter Member MrCIG's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1985 38 Cigarette 2004 Formula 400SS
    Sorry to hear that. Just take it slow.
    Hope everything goes well this time.

If you like it rough do it OFFSHORE!!!

Uncle Toys
    Man are you ever right – that puts the engine problems in its proper perspective! If you want to vent, doped up or not, we are here for you bro! Fight hard, and if you don’t think you can, talk to us and we’ll get you through it. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Geez I1, I can only imagine the pain you must be experiencing. I'm sorry to hear that your surgery did not turn out well, especially after you were so undecided whether to go through with it or not. Those bruises on your a** must hurt from kicking yourself. Try to keep positive, you've got a great woman by your side. Keep your chin up and give Kathi (and yourself, of course!) our best.

Your friends from the north,
    Canunks in the Trunk
    Last edited by MrsWildHorses; 10-01-2002 at 11:00 AM.

Wild Horses
    Nooooooo... she is monitoring and posting.... my last great freedom of expression has been torn from my fingers.
    Where am I to go and vent now!!!!!

Charter Member #220 Charter Member
    My Boats:
    23' Cobalt Condessa, T-260's
    Burlington, KY.
    Same thing ( almost) - different Dr.! I hade ruptured discs in L-3, L-4, L-5 & S-1. The Dr. also had to remove some 'arthritic' groth in the spinal column. 5 weeks later, I lost the use of my left leg. The dr. said the same thing, just healing pains. On the 6th week I had an MRI, revealed a "water baloon" of spinal fluid sitting on the nerve to my leg. The Dura had a 1/4' hole in it. I have never hurt so much! In surgury that night, for the second time. This was done in April of 1999 at the UCLA spine ctr. After the 2nd surgury, the relief was almost immediate, but to date, not complete. Last month, the Dr. was recommending a fusion .............................

I feel your pain, been there / done that, and I know what its like. I hope your last surgury was successful, and you are back on your feet soon.

Just for info, I had another Orthopaedic Surgeon, a friend (does kness and elbows - no back anymore), tell me that this is fairly common, and it is usally caused by the surgeons tools ........... they just don't like to admit it. The excuse on my back was a "fish hook" shape of bone was left after the spinal column clean out.

Good Luck to you

It's just like that, ................... only different

My Boats:
    1988 32' Pachanga
    Hope you feel better soon.

And...while you are recovering...should you ever feel that your boat should be taken out and thoroughly run I will at no charge come and take it out for a day or two.

But seriously...I hope this is the end of your health problems and you recover quickly.

Chicago, IL
    Good luck Chris.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234