Just had surgery..again! Bad news >

Just had surgery..again! Bad news

Notices

Just had surgery..again! Bad news

Old 10-01-2002, 08:12 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

Holy cow! I'm at a loss for words about this screwup! Get well soon man.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-01-2002, 08:38 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Chris,
Sorry to hear that. Just take it slow.
Hope everything goes well this time.

Mark
Old 10-01-2002, 08:44 AM
Uncle Toys

Man are you ever right – that puts the engine problems in its proper perspective! If you want to vent, doped up or not, we are here for you bro! Fight hard, and if you don’t think you can, talk to us and we’ll get you through it. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2002, 10:20 AM
MrsWildHorses

Geez I1, I can only imagine the pain you must be experiencing. I'm sorry to hear that your surgery did not turn out well, especially after you were so undecided whether to go through with it or not. Those bruises on your a** must hurt from kicking yourself. Try to keep positive, you've got a great woman by your side. Keep your chin up and give Kathi (and yourself, of course!) our best.

Your friends from the north,
Canunks in the Trunk

Last edited by MrsWildHorses; 10-01-2002 at 11:00 AM.

Old 10-01-2002, 10:24 AM
Wild Horses

Nooooooo... she is monitoring and posting.... my last great freedom of expression has been torn from my fingers.
Where am I to go and vent now!!!!!

Old 10-01-2002, 11:12 AM
Charter Member #220
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing ( almost) - different Dr.! I hade ruptured discs in L-3, L-4, L-5 & S-1. The Dr. also had to remove some 'arthritic' groth in the spinal column. 5 weeks later, I lost the use of my left leg. The dr. said the same thing, just healing pains. On the 6th week I had an MRI, revealed a "water baloon" of spinal fluid sitting on the nerve to my leg. The Dura had a 1/4' hole in it. I have never hurt so much! In surgury that night, for the second time. This was done in April of 1999 at the UCLA spine ctr. After the 2nd surgury, the relief was almost immediate, but to date, not complete. Last month, the Dr. was recommending a fusion .............................

I feel your pain, been there / done that, and I know what its like. I hope your last surgury was successful, and you are back on your feet soon.

Just for info, I had another Orthopaedic Surgeon, a friend (does kness and elbows - no back anymore), tell me that this is fairly common, and it is usally caused by the surgeons tools ........... they just don't like to admit it. The excuse on my back was a "fish hook" shape of bone was left after the spinal column clean out.

Good Luck to you

It's just like that, ................... only different
Old 10-01-2002, 12:45 PM
Registered

Hope you feel better soon.

And...while you are recovering...should you ever feel that your boat should be taken out and thoroughly run I will at no charge come and take it out for a day or two.

But seriously...I hope this is the end of your health problems and you recover quickly.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:33 PM
Registered

Good luck Chris.

Steve