DCB tests new F26 twin 400R's >

DCB tests new F26 twin 400R's

Notices

DCB tests new F26 twin 400R's

Old 08-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 545 Likes on 330 Posts
Default DCB tests new F26 twin 400R's

These are really great times for outboard catamaran lovers powered by 400R outboards

DCB F26: https://www.facebook.com/speedonthew...-212553768979/

Old 08-10-2016, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

According to a post on Instagram boat ran 122.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Geez, insane.

How does the C.O.G. work with these bigger and bigger engines hanging off the back of these lightweight Cats? How much does that weigh fully rigged but without engines?
Old 08-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 545 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
According to a post on Instagram boat ran 122.
Thanks for the heads up, here it is:

https://www.instagram.com/dcbracing/

Last edited by noli; 08-10-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

DCB's are no lightweights. Neither is my Talon, but the positive is they don't break when you run them hard in 3' as I do every weekend "365 DAYS A YEAR". THATS 3' LAKE SLOP FOR THOSE THAT THINK A CENTER POD CAN'T HANDLE ROUGH WATER!!!!! GET A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
DCB's are no lightweights. Neither is my Talon, but the positive is they don't break when you run them hard in 3' as I do every weekend "365 DAYS A YEAR". THATS 3' LAKE SLOP FOR THOSE THAT THINK A CENTER POD CAN'T HANDLE ROUGH WATER!!!!! GET A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to run with some of them in the 3' lake slop including the ones with the 400r's Not saying they can't handle rough water but I know what the outcome will be
With that being said all kidding aside they are a really nice boat! Congrats to them for adding to our market and adding sales so Mercury will build higher HP Outboards! The more O/B cats that sell the better.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
I would love to run with some of them in the 3' lake slop including the ones with the 400r's Not saying they can't handle rough water but I know what the outcome will be
With that being said all kidding aside they are a really nice boat! Congrats to them for adding to our market and adding sales so Mercury will build higher HP Outboards! The more O/B cats that sell the better.
As usual I agree with you completely. The CG would be definitely compromised on a 26' DCB, Talon etc. The hull is just to short. I want to say the DCB is 3700 lbs. est. with 300xs'. My Talon about the same. I am still running 2.5s for great balance and reliability. When lake wind warnings arise I put in. I ran in 42 mph winds with steady 3' chop with occasional 5' walls of water earlier this year. I ran 60 mph in said water with the wind. I could not get on plane going into the wind. Two bass fishermen died that day earlier this year in the same water. I recommend rough water running if you have several years experience running in the rough.It's a adrenaline rush that I haven't beat yet. I think most run centerpods to slow. Are they going to ride like a true tunnel. NO WAY! Can they eat anything they can span lengthwise. ALL DAY EVERY DAY! I have several hundred hours on my Talon and would recommend a centerpod cat dependant on your water conditions. That being said I am going to sell my Talon after 7 years for a true tunnel for a change in driving style not because of any short cummings with the hull. You are absolutely right Ron. The more outboard cats out there the better.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

BB, Is a Skater in your future??
Old 08-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Taboma
BB, Is a Skater in your future??
At what you guys are getting for 28's they are out of my price range. I'm a cash buyer. Never financed anything in my life. I was looking at trip 32 skaters 7 years ago and they could be had for 25 to 50k back in the day. I hope you are enjoying yours brother!