New Drivetrain: need help deciding on engine 950hp BBC vs 700sci >

New Drivetrain: need help deciding on engine 950hp BBC vs 700sci

Notices

New Drivetrain: need help deciding on engine 950hp BBC vs 700sci

Old 08-28-2016, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
All I will say, for what little it might be worth, seems that more often than not the aftermarket big gun builders come up with some numbers to make your sticker peck up, put the biotches in the boat and they fall on their face. I know of a couple of my own brand that have run better numbers with stock Merc Perf motors than they run with the other guys monster chit.
Agreed on that. Also, when comparing a big inch NA motor to a supercharged motor, the one with the supercharger is going to have much more torque under the curve vs the NA motor which makes peak tq and hp near redline only. Tq is what gets you moving..
Old 01-22-2017, 03:52 PM
Banned

What's wrong with the 496 HO Mag, many mods on that with the smart craft??? A procharger build with good internals will rock that 496 HO far past the base 700 SCi, MPIs run great on Prochargers, MR Blues run great on Whipples.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:12 PM
Registered

To say a carbed motor - even a well set up one - is "much more reliable piece" than a fuel injected motor ?

in my opinion, the biggest difference is this: carbed motors have to be tuned for the area and conditions they're going to be run in.

I've got a 600 CID, compound blown, electronic efi Boostpower engine that doesn't so much as hiccup. It can be run anywhere in the country, and if I do have an issue, if I've got wireless access Alexi can tune it remotely from his laptop. I'll put that reliability up against any carbed motor any day of the week in any conditions. And it's no trailer queen, it gets run weekly and hard enough that I have a spare outdrive because that's the weak link, not the motor.

Been a big fan of carbs most of my life, something about working on one and tuning little by little to achieve what you want. But in my humble opinion Slippery is correct, EFI is definitely the way to go for reliability and perfect A/F ratios no matter where you go. Nice thread boys
Old 02-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Banned

It probably sounds like a dinosaur when it starts.