Good, fast family boat???? >

Good, fast family boat????

Notices

Good, fast family boat????

Old 08-18-2016, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdinvt
Its for PTSD, ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION. I was told to keep busy to keep my mind off of things, im not a good person out in public as everything gets ALOT worse so thats the reason.
Not everyone's disability is physical, as stated above. I share the same affliction and also find it therapeutic to tinker. Goodo luck with the search brother.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:49 PM
Registered

JD , clear out your inbox
Old 08-19-2016, 06:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by badmonkey
JimmyK,

Send BradmanVA a PM...He's got a 2007 Donzi ZXO with twin 6.2 motors...I know this boat first hand and its perfect...very close friend. I know with new kid on the way he' looking to let it go. You can also contact Harbor Marine at 757-961-9411 to get details of it. This might be the perfect fit for you and your family.

Chris
ZXOs are an awesome boat but I'm not ready for twins at this point.

Also, I really like the Nordic Rage 25' with mid-cabin. Someone said "you don't want that boat , it has a 22º deadrise, you want at least 24º. I see the ZXO has 22º. Is deadrise the end all to beat all or just a catchphrase? I know it can be important but can also be an over used term...

Last edited by Jimmyk; 08-19-2016 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:14 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=cigrocket;4472304]
Originally Posted by Jimmyk
Yea, I love the looks and reported speed! I know I will need to travel to get a Nordic(any boat really) but I'm willing for the right boat.

My boating will only be done in the upstate NY, finger lakes region. Keuke(pfff 45 speed limit), Seneca(largest and closest to me) and Cayuga(Ithaca NY, odd people!). All are really great lakes but Seneca is my main lake and it can get fairly rough if the weather gets crappy or there is a strong wind.

Checkmate made some mid cabin 27's not easy to find but we're a cool setup and good construction.
Hey neighbor!!

Yea, I just looked at the Checkmate ZTBRs, they would fit the bill and there is one up in Webster for sale for $39,995...
Old 08-19-2016, 06:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew555
There is not ( really ) a family oriented proformance boat.... It needs to be a proformance oriented family or it's a sea ray
I always wondered exactly what is meant by a "family" friendly boat? My kids, now 16 & 19 grew up on a 24 and 30 Superboat. They started riding on boats at 6 mos. and loved every minute of it. The faster and rougher, the more they enjoyed it. My wife on the other hand.......

Last edited by Dave M; 08-19-2016 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
I always wondered exactly what is meant by a "family" friendly boat? My kids, now 16 & 19 have grew up on a 24 and 30 Superboat. They started riding on boats at 6 mos. and loved every minute of it. The faster and rougher, the more they enjoyed it. My wife on the other hand.......
i am sure everyone has their opinion.

to me its a boat that fits 6 or more with comfort, seats for all, and wont be everyone on top of one another for a full day of boating.