Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
We had a visitor last night and it was not a person >

We had a visitor last night and it was not a person

Notices

We had a visitor last night and it was not a person

Old 10-01-2002, 12:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree any terrier type dog will rid you of a possum post haste! I have two pits and a lab, and absolutely nothing survives if it wanders into my back yard. One night they were raising holy hell out back. I went out and they had a possum bayed up on the fence. The lab was jumping and almost could reach it. It would have been a bad day for the possum if he had fallen on our side of the fence.
Once one of my pits caught an armadillo. He had it by the bottom side and crushed it so hard the intestines were coming out of its back. It was one of the most gruesome things I ever saw. I got the dog off it, then put it out of its misery with a 44.

My girlfreind, who was born and raise in the Florida swamps, swears a full grown coon would whip my pit. She says it will drowned him if they are in the water. I don't believe it, I've seen him whip 250# wild hogs before.

Here is the rat pack.
Attached Thumbnails We had a visitor last night and it was not a person-untitled-1.jpg  
Old 10-01-2002, 12:28 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well she can not have a dog or even a cat so she will just have to make sure she leaves the doors shut. I think it came in for water as it is so dry in Cali.

Jon
Old 10-01-2002, 12:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One very cold January night, many moons ago, we awoke at 1AM to the sound of cats fighting under our house. I got out of bed and stomped as hard as I could on the floor trying to scare them off.
Turns out they weren't cats. They were skunks!!!
I scared them enough to spray and the stench was so bad we had to open all windows, 10* outside, and wait in the car for the house to air out.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

#1 it is spelled OPOSSUM!!!
#2 ummmmm......what kinda place are you stayin' at audio???? i've had plenty'o beaver in my house, but never an opossum in my crib.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:04 PM
aabfeh

http://members.tripod.com/~w3lap/possum_cook_book.htm

Old 10-01-2002, 05:20 PM
Registered

aabfeh: that was nice!
LOL
Old 10-01-2002, 08:12 PM
cartman

Talking

Sounds like one for animal planet

Old 10-01-2002, 08:33 PM
Sunsation 32

About 10 years ago my mom and dad had a 17ft. Checkmate. They stored it at the lake and at the end of the season me and a buddy went to pick it up to winterize it. It was kinda warm so we decided to go for a quick ride. Well, while we were cruising across the lake a opossum came out of the side pocket and ran up the center of the boat. My buddy and I saw it about the same time. So, I pulled back the throttle and be both jumped in the water while the boat was still moving. Damn that water was cold!!! It finally hid somewhere in the boat and we got brave enough to sit on top of the seats so we could get back to the marina. That absolutley scared the **** out of me that day.

Old 10-01-2002, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JON,,YOU GOT A GIRLFRIEND????? Way to go ,Dude!!!!

Old 10-01-2002, 09:03 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Fred I have a case that I am defending right now where a lady was bitten on her inner thigh by a bat. The case is set for trial on October 31, 2002. The court clerk has a very dry sense of humor.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher

Quick Reply: We had a visitor last night and it was not a person

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.