If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Uncle Toys

OT: Don't be scared it's just a bear market!!!

Man, I got to tell you, there sure is a ton of fear in the stock market. It is non-stop in the press, the phone calls, and especially the youngins in the office. Now I understand fear. Anytime your life savings takes a one third haircut in a quarter, your going to be afraid. But from a behavioral perspective, that has to be a sign we are getting close to the end.

The market as measured by the S&P500 is down around 50% from its high back in early 2000. Two and a half years and 50% easily qualify this bear as one of the bad ones of the previous 100 years or so. From a historical perspective, itís doesnít get much worse than this.

Yes, I know about the 1929-32 market. There are tons of reasons why this wont get that bad - but still, there are no guarantees.

Through out history, sound investment principles produce sound results. Going under that assumption Ė you got to believe its one of the better times in history to be buying common stocks (if youíre a long term investor, donít put all your eggs in one basket, caveat, caveat, etc.)

p.s. Thanks for the use of your signature MIKEHTMSR24

Aliso Viejo, CA.
    Thanks for the wisdom oh TOGA one.

My Boats:
    1988 32' Pachanga
    I'm 35 years old and man, I gotta tell you, watching my 401k take a dump sucks.
    Every year we get the option to change our contribution percentage (I contribute the maximum 15%)...and I was really tempted to change it to 0% and wait for the market to bounce back....
    BUT...I figure I'm just buying up stocks at a low rate now and someday when it all turns back around I'll be sitting pretty.

Or I'll be a homeless beggar on the street corner...

Uncle Toys
    Originally posted by G-Force

BUT...I figure I'm just buying up stocks at a low rate now and someday when it all turns back around I'll be sitting pretty.
    dude, thats as profound as it gets!!!!!!!!!

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Buy Land it seems to be the only stable investment. I got killed. Now it is the waiting game. I am younger then most of you guys on the board so I can recover I hope. It is a roller coaster now. Long term we will all be ok. The days of making a quick buck are LONG GONE.

Put your best foot forward!