Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Has Anyone Bought A Dvd Player From Freeze Frame Video? >

Has Anyone Bought A Dvd Player From Freeze Frame Video?

Notices

Has Anyone Bought A Dvd Player From Freeze Frame Video?

Old 10-01-2002, 10:30 AM
overbored

Default Has Anyone Bought A Dvd Player From Freeze Frame Video?

HI EVERYONE HAS ANYONE BOUGHT A DVD PLAYER FROM FREEZE FRAME YET? DO THEY WORK WITH EVERY MOVIE DVD TOO?

Old 10-01-2002, 11:11 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you mean DVD? I have done some testing for Jeff at Freeze frame due to my background I have a lot of DVD's available for me to test. I have tested them in Panasonic, Sony, Toshiba, Krell, and many more. Some of the cheap ones that I tried in stores came up with problems. These were the 100 dollar ones that have problems anyhow and if you are buying 100 dollar DVD players then you can not afford his DVD's Some of the old players can have trouble but we are talking about DVD players that are 4+ years old. Hope that helps ya out. I would not be concerned with it playing on your DVD player if it is working properly.

Jon
Old 10-01-2002, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a Marantz 810, and it will not play the 1991 Apache year End Review DVD.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:13 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

What year is that DVD Player? I believe that the Marantz is the same as the Panasonic (most are even the 10,000 buck Krell is just the 550 buck Panasonic with some fluff). I can look into it for you. What exactly is it doing? Do you get errors, or is it digitizing? Have you tried other Freeze Frame video's? It is also possible that you just got a bad DVD. I have noticed that they quality of DVD's has dropped substantially (THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JEFF!!!!) and I have noticed that I often times have to brind DVD's back due to digital artiacts that should not be there and other tracking issues.

Jon
Old 10-01-2002, 12:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Jon

It's 4 years old. I get error messages. No pictures at all.

Jeff replaced it: same result. So he gave me a VHS.

The DVD plays fine on my computer.

I'm going to try it on another, newer player when I go back to Sarasota later this month.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:26 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Yup that is the problem. Your player is old. I get the same error messages from time to time in my DVD player at the shop. It is rare and sometimes the thing will play other times it is a no go. My showroom is actually the ONLY place that I have ever had a problem. Go figure!!! It is a 4 year old Panasonic and I believe it is the same pick up unit as you have.

Jon
Old 10-01-2002, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Jon

Thanks for the info.
Electronics sure get "old" fast.

I suppose my one year old Pioneer Elite 65" rear projection TV is junk now ?

Can I tap into your expertise on sat dishes?

Here in MI, I've got a Dish Network dish, and love it's built-in hard drive for recording for later play-back. No High Def, but the picture looks better to me than it did with the Direct TV system it replaced.

In FL, I've got Direct TV with an HDTV receiver for both the dish and terrestrial. Works great for HDTV, but no recording capability.

Are there sat systems now that have HDTV and can record, too?

Are there visible differences between different brands of HD Sat receivers? Mine is a Sony, but I've read that Zenith has a new one that's "better." How does Dish Network's high def compare to Direct TV?

Sorry for the number of questions! Any advice you can provide will be much appreciated.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:18 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a Replay TV 4532 video recorder since they have installed Aol broadband and Time Warner cable in our apt complex. The quality of the cable sucks compared to my DirecTV. Since they call it digital cable why is it so much worse than my satellite??
Thanks
marc
Old 10-01-2002, 10:50 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

ApachePete: As far as recording HDTV for a while just put it out of your mind. It sucks but that is the reality. HDTV chews up LOTS of hard drive space. Like 6 times more then if you put the current one you have on high quaility. I have seen some of the proposed HDTV recorders for Sat and they are cool but you will not be able to take the recording anywere but at the house. The video will be shot out on IEEE for copyright protection.

Why do you have two different services? You can just tell them that the dishes that are in the second house are in the main house and they have no way to know I am partial to the Dish Network set up. The new Zenith from what I have read is sapposed to be really killer. I am waiting for it to become available in probably January.

As far as the quality of Digital cable vs. sat. hear is the deal. Satellite puts out aprox 480 lines of resolution. Cable uses the digital source to stuff more channels into the same bandwidth that the sat company uses for one. So the quality has to suffer and it does suffer HUGE.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I signed up for his video club I ordered a DVD player from him. I didn't have one on my office TV so I figured what the hell. When I got it, I plugged it in and hooked it up no problem. Every DVD that I have got so far from him has worked perfectly. I also brought a few DVD movies from home and they worked great as well. The convenience alone made it worth the bucks. Kind of a packaged deal. Plus having a bit-O-boating this winter here in Michigan on the office TV will get me through until spring.

I wonder if Santa-Jeff will send me a big screen next?
hehehehe

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Bought A Dvd Player From Freeze Frame Video?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.