Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How much to have boat repainted?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34055-how-much-have-boat-repainted.html)

olemissalum 10-01-2002 01:11 PM

How much to have boat repainted??

Looking at a 29 Scarab and I like the boat but needs some cosmetic work. Anyone out there had one repainted? Does not need but one or 2 maybe small gelcoat repairs and would like some newer style graphics. Any information appreciated. Thanks

timucin 10-01-2002 03:59 PM

on every paint thread I ask the same question but I never had an answer.but I will try untill someone replies....

how much app.does it costs to paint a 28 boat with an ordinary graphics in states?

just wondering the marine -labors ?

ssherman 10-01-2002 04:04 PM

If you check ou the thread
Jesse James Maiden Voyage
I spent 15k plus an extra 1000 to get it buffed. That is a 32 footer. I had a previous paint job I only spent 8k on My friend just had his 28 skater painted by the same guy and he spent about 5500 and it is way more than basic. I have been quoted 5k to re-shoot my boat in all white (incase i decide to sell)

timucin 10-01-2002 04:09 PM

thnx ssherman
:)

Wally 10-02-2002 08:40 AM

weird that this thread should pop up now! I was just at my buddy's factory last night looking at the new paint job on his 28 Cig SS that i'm re-doing for him! I cant get over how good an Auto Body shop did the paintjob on this boat!! the guy says he does 1 to 3 boats per year for friends or people he knows and that this was by far the biggest he's done! They even had to ectend the paint booth with plastic sheets about 8' :D
I'm not 100% sure what the guy used for paint though........first i head Imron....but then he said they cleard the boat? :confused: I'm not sure if thats right with Imron.....but anyway the boat looks awesome and the paint does feel very hard yet seems to have a plyability about it....guess we'll see how it holds up when he gets back from FL after New Years!
Also i cant get over how good a job they did on the transom! the painter said it took him 4 hours to mask everything off to keep overspray off all the hardware back there. Well here's some pics for ya :D
And by the way he paid just a hair under $4000 for all plain white no graphics. :)

Wally 10-02-2002 08:51 AM

weird that this thread should pop up now! I was just at my buddy's factory last night looking at the new paint job on his 28 Cig SS that i'm re-doing for him! I cant get over how good an Auto Body shop did the paintjob on this boat!! the guy says he does 1 to 3 boats per year for friends or people he knows and that this was by far the biggest he's done! They even had to ectend the paint booth with plastic sheets about 8' :D
I'm not 100% sure what the guy used for paint though........first i head Imron....but then he said they cleard the boat? :confused: I'm not sure if thats right with Imron.....but anyway the boat looks awesome and the paint does feel very hard yet seems to have a plyability about it....guess we'll see how it holds up when he gets back from FL after New Years!
Also i cant get over how good a job they did on the transom! the painter said it took him 4 hours to mask everything off to keep overspray off all the hardware back there. Well here's some pics for ya :D
And by the way he paid just a hair under $4000 for all plain white no graphics. :)

Wally 10-02-2002 08:52 AM

Heres a closer look at the transom tape job they did! :D

Wally 10-02-2002 08:55 AM

heres a pic of the Cockpit...notice how yellow and ugly the floor is? That was the color of the whole boat!!!! :eek: What a difference!!

Wally 10-02-2002 08:57 AM

:cool:

Wally 10-02-2002 08:59 AM

:D