CrazyHorse Turkey Burn Oct. 5

Notices

CrazyHorse Turkey Burn Oct. 5

Old 10-03-2002, 08:11 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey I will be there.. trying to bring some friends.. also

So all the hard core OSOers where are u..

Let's burn the turkey!!

Sign in please!!
Old 10-03-2002, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gadgets,...I am working on Sat. until noon...can't get out of it as I am the Assembly Superintendent of the Co. we have some deadlines that have to be made or we pay penalty clauses....(the owners don't like that)...I'm trying to get the wife to let me get out of another ordeal we are supposed to be at Sat afternoon, anyway give me a call when your free for lunch sometime my office#; 517-267-1171

Kaama, I used to hang out on Gun Lake with a jet boat that I raced and met lots of hot-rod boaters, the last time I was at Premeir I talked to one of the owners and it was like old times....he knew people I knew and so on....I think they are great people to deal with although I have only bought parts, oil and t-shirts from them I think they are good people....Fred
Old 10-03-2002, 09:09 PM
Registered

The temps should be in the mid 60s. The lake is still warm so it will feel fine. No long pants allowed It's still summer. I'll probably go to fishermans also.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Not sure if I'll have the boat running by Saturday now as it looks. We just worked on it again tonight and we need a terminal strip with 1/4" studs on it for battery ground cables, also need the right bolt size/length for the carb linkages. We fired the Port engine tonight and it is leaking fuel from the new fuel lines that go from the pump to the carb I have, so we have to replace those. Plus I need 2 new Gaffrig water temp guages as neither of them are working at all---I will not water test the boat unless ALL guages are working properly---but we're gettin/ close!

I still may bring the boat to the turkey burn and back it in the water and fire the engines to see how it is pumping lake water vs the hose.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:31 PM
Registered

Yeah, I would love to go with you all but its not possible on Saturday. I may try and stop by GLM before heading out of town to the bachlor party. Hopefully you guys are back on the dock by then. If not, next time

Great idea on the turkey burn
Old 10-04-2002, 09:49 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT just a reminder.....
Old 10-04-2002, 01:33 PM
Registered

We're going to the boat tonight (Fri.). We'll be around whenever people feel like dropping by. Someone bring paper plates and sporks (you know, the spoon/fork thingies KFC hands out). I'll see if Fred's brother Tom Swanson is going to be around but I think he said he was going to Glen Arbor for a weekend in the Corvette. I might even invite Mom and Dad, seeing as they live about 5 minutes from the Marina. Dad came down to check out Mr. Cig's boat when the Cigarettes were here for the boat races. He's a motorhead from way back.
Old 10-04-2002, 07:11 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Any last minute takers on this deal.. I will be there with my wife and Jim, my boating buddy.. and another boat load, Greg and Dee got a new boat after their accident, so they will be there..

Any one else??? Nautigirl, Check300??? Come on it wont be that bad.. weather always comes to us in Mich!!! The more in a aboat the merrier.. and we can huddle to keep warm!! LOL

Too bad DanB cant make it.. LOL. I bet your nice and toasty down there Dan!!

Dick
Old 10-04-2002, 08:02 PM
Registered

Talking

I'l bring the plates and fork thingamabobs. It is blowing 30+ out of the west so the lake should be pretty angry on Sat. Hope everyone makes it. No excuses. This could be the last ride... NOT
Old 10-04-2002, 08:11 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Sounds good Mitch,
But I think it is dieing down out there now.. Weather man said it would be 2/4' in the afternoon.. It always lays down in the afternoon..

See you there around noon.. I am looking forward to big water, never had the new boat in BIG stuff yet! Bigest I've been in was about 10/12'.. but big spaces..

Dick

Quick Reply: CrazyHorse Turkey Burn Oct. 5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.