Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   CrazyHorse Turkey Burn Oct. 5 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34058-crazyhorse-turkey-burn-oct-5-a.html)

MitchStellin 10-04-2002 08:42 PM

I'll go out in anything. Only the Coast Guard can keep up with me. I hope you are right but I live 1/4 mile from the lake and it is still really blowing. If we are lucky it will die and the waves will space out more. 5ft waves with a 3ft space makes for broken stuff:mad: I'll be there at noon, still planning on Fishermans since I know where that is. I think I will at least look for the other launch. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE. :D :p :cool: :eek: :rolleyes:

Waterfoul 10-04-2002 10:15 PM

Well, it's 11:15 and the lake shore is still seeing 40 mph gusts. Waves are 6-8 footers. And with gusts you know they are stacked on top of one another.

I have to work till 11:00 and then go home to pick up Holly. Should be in Musky by 1:00.

MitchStellin 10-04-2002 10:25 PM

Well Mike we'll just have to get all liqured up and head out in that stuff. :eek: If we wear jackets what can go wrong?:confused: I really don't expect that to happen.:D

Waterfoul 10-04-2002 10:28 PM

You know my motto Mitch: That which doesn't kill you makes you all wet."

Or something like that!! LOL!!!

Or was it: "I'll do anyting once.....twice if she's really fun!!"

Waterfoul 10-04-2002 10:30 PM

Oh, and yes I've been drinking!!!

Polaski Days in Grand Rapids is a LOT of fun!!!

Now I need to go to bed so I can get to work on time!!! G-night!!

KAAMA 10-05-2002 12:11 AM

So, what time does this thing start or what time is chow going to be ready---GIVE US SOME TIMES PLEASE!

Mr Gadgets 10-05-2002 08:32 AM

Mark,
first post on this thread..
boat launch at noon, eat or start around 3pm...

see u there.

Dick

MitchStellin 10-05-2002 09:14 AM

It's cold but not raining:D I can hear the Lake and it is very angry. It is ready to eat a boat today:eek: At least the water is warm and if you stay close to shore you should be able to survive:D I will be there around 12-12:30.

dyno 10-05-2002 09:28 PM

Thanks to all for coming out today we had a blast!!!!good food and good friends...took a good boys run just before we hit the trailers got some great air !!!!!Right Kaama?? we should try and do it again next year maybe a little earlier in the season so its a little warmer!!!

MitchStellin 10-06-2002 09:32 AM

It was a great time. We ate 4 12lb Turkeys and 100lbs of other food. Met some great people and found out Dyno lives right around the corner from me:eek: We need to get together again soon. The weather was great, a little cold, but sunny and the waves were big. We rode in JimVs boat and got some air and hit 84+ in the bay. Man that is fast and smooth. It goes faster but we ran out of room. At the end of the day I fell off the trailer and into the water. I was too lazy to take my shoes and socks off and ended up getting everything wet. Oh well, it was the first time in 39 years so I guess it is OK and no one saw it so that is even better:D Next year will be a better turnout when everyone finds out how much fun we had. It was great having this on the water so we could play. Plus there were a few boats out of the water so there were plenty of slips...for free:D I will post pictures later if I can get my E-Mail to work. Lightning really screws up things you know:mad: Great time, when is the next one? November?:eek: