If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What 24/25' boat would you pick?

1517. You may not vote on this poll
  • 25' Active Thunder

108 7.12%
  • 25' Baja

376 24.79%
  • 25' Checkmate

392 25.84%
  • 24' Pantera

166 10.94%
  • 25' PowerPlay

101 6.66%
  • 25' Sunsation

95 6.26%
  • 24' Superboat

111 7.32%
  • 25' Ultimate Warlock

65 4.28%
  • 24' Velocity

103 6.79%
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Evil.....this was all in good fun......hope you didn't take anything personal......just love talking boats as everyone else around here.....Marry Xmas and Happy New Year everyone! I'll post a pic of the 300's a different boat same type hull as last year the 6.2's was an experiment see how it would run.

My Boats:
    a small fleet
    east coast/new england
    HEY PANTERA 24-650HP...If the PANTERA's are so good...why is there a 4-sale sign on your's???LOL...That is a REALLY SWEET looking boat...I like the understated graphics...VERY GOOD TASTE & will not look dated in 15 minutes...It LOOKS bigger than 24'...It must SCREAM w/ 650 HP...(how fast???REALLY???)...NICE BOAT...>>>LATAPOTATA>>>>>

My Boats:
    Active Thunder, 96, Thunder 25
    I really like the 25 AT . I considered alot of boats and fell in love with the AT. Havent got much seat time in it because i just bought it a couple of months a go and ran out of good weather. I cant wait for next season !!

My Boats:
    Mecca, Ohio

Does the Janitor also give tours?

Well if not, someone there was very helpful and walked us through the plant. He let us climb abord any boat we wanted and answered all of our questions. We talked with the workers and watched them in the process. The place seemed like a real laid back family atmosphere. I believe I even seen the experimental boat that you posted about.

My Boats:
    2000, BatBoat B24
    San Diego, CA
    Originally posted by velocitoy
    HEY PANTERA 24-650HP It must SCREAM w/ 650 HP...(how fast???REALLY???)...NICE BOAT..
    It is a beautiful boat. I'm curious too, how fast is it with 650 HP in calm and 3-4 footers? If it flys even better than the Phantom it must be a blast to drive. I've always loved watching the Phantoms run in A Class.

Lake Lanier, GA
    Just curious what happens to the numbers when you ad upp all the boats with the same bottom ? Since some off these were popped off each other ?

Platinum Member Platinum Member 39 Unlimited's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2015 Cigarette 42X
    Cincinnati Ohio
    25 Nordic Rage. Best performance value period!

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven
    To say Checkmates hold their value better than Bajas would depend on where you are located, condition of the boat, availability of the boats in your area, etc.... Around here, where Baja's, Checkmates, and Powerquests are the most popular boats (there are a LOT of all these brands) the PQ's seem to hold their value best. The Bajas and Checks go for about the same $$ foot for foot, depending on condition and year of course. I own a Baja, and probably won't buy another one (or a check, or PQ) simply because there are SO MANY of them around here.

And let's not forget where Baja and Checkmate are located. Pretty much within sight of eachother. And who own's both companies?? Brunswick....same corp that owns Bayliner!!! LOL!!! I've been on a LOT of both brands, and would have to say that fit and finish varies with the boat more than the company who built it. I've seen some Bajas that look like they were finished by the office staff on a Friday at 4:58 while the regular crew was standing at the time clock. And I can say the same for Checkmate. Can't say the same for all the brands listed, but I've been in at least one copy of nearly all the boats listed and would have to say that you couldn't really go wrong with any of them.

[b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

My Boats:
    1987 Liberator 211
    Southwestern OH, USA

Waterfoul, I do not think Brunswick owns Checkmate.

Charter Member#157 Charter Member MnFastBoat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Advantage 28' Cat
    Minneapolis, Mn, Usa
    Doesn't Brunswick also own Wellcraft??
    Thought it was in the Genmar family??

At least it did when I toured the plant in Sarasota several years back
    This Cat is trying to keep up with the Big Dogs

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast