Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What 24/25' boat would you pick? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34063-what-24-25-boat-would-you-pick.html)

KN 10-03-2002 09:56 PM

Thanks, everyone for the replies and the votes. But we need one more vote to break the tie.

Chris your boat is very impressive with the speeds you are getting with the little amount of horsepower.

I see it as a purpose built race boat, so not in the same class as the others. Is it available in an open cockpit? If I'm ever at the races, I'd love to get out in one.

Kirk

Audiofn 10-03-2002 10:10 PM

I can not believe that the super boat did not fair better on this one. Oh well you guys just do not know yet :D:D

Jon

KN 10-03-2002 10:16 PM

Jon, I'm surprised myself. The Pantera did very well, and my understanding is they are very similar hulls.

Kirk

OkieTunnel 10-03-2002 10:33 PM

I don't want to start a fight but somebody said a 25 outlaw would run 70 easy. I think it was Liquid. (He's gonna kill me for this when we finally meet on Texoma) I have never seen a Baja legitimately run 70. I have had dealers tell me they will run 75 but I have never had to peg my throttles to outrun one. Before I added a blower my boat ran 77 on a good day and 74 on the normal day. I've never had an Outlaw run close. I know there are probably some souped up Baja's that may fly but I haven't encountered one yet. I do like the 25 Outlaw alot and considered buying one very seriously when I bought my boat.

R Addiction 10-03-2002 10:34 PM

I'll say it again........Active Thunder!!! All the others are great boats I just love my AT 25!!!

Bosco 10-03-2002 10:47 PM

KN I have to agree with the majority, ACTIVE THUNDER has the most boat in this size range. FYI we are currently refinishing the mold to start production again. Pat has agreed to start offering all the different models again. A very exciting time at ACTIVE THUNDER.:cool:

KN 10-03-2002 10:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Fred here is another project for you, It's on E-Bay at $6200 only two days left.

KN 10-03-2002 10:52 PM

Originally posted by Bosco
KN I have to agree with the majority, ACTIVE THUNDER has the most boat in this size range. FYI we are currently refinishing the mold to start production again. Pat has agreed to start offering all the different models again. A very exciting time at ACTIVE THUNDER.:cool:
Bosco thats great to here, I thought someone mentioned they you weren't making the 25' anymore. You are refinishing the mold, are there some changes? or just maintinance?

Thanks Kirk

Bosco 10-03-2002 11:06 PM

KN,
More maintanance than anything else, however like anyone of our boats we alway's strive to improve the products. The materials available to build these things with are incredible. The technology in the plastics has jumped ahead in light years.
Also the component's are far superior to just a few years ago.

We are preparing our molds to build some show boats and start a road show and get you guy's in the boats around the country. Naturally we will be taking your input to make sure we deliver the product you need.:D

KN 10-03-2002 11:11 PM

Bosco sounds great, get some of those boats up here in the North East so we can take a look at them. Sounds like you guys are going places. No wood in the hull, and a life time warrenty, can't beat that.

Kirk