Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What 24/25' boat would you pick? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34063-what-24-25-boat-would-you-pick.html)

LIOPA 12-19-2002 10:00 AM

Buck 183.

The Ultra has 22 degree twin step bottom / composite hull. Not an offshore racer but not just a lake boat either. Excellent all around performer. 496 Mag HO - 81+ MPH - Under 60K w/trailer.

Not a bad deal for what you get + Very high resale value.

Also won Powerboat of the Year in it's class from Powerboat Magazine.

CONVINCOR 300 12-19-2002 11:01 AM

Eviltwin........hea lets put your money where your mouth/keypad is........? Know anybody in Ohio w/ a 25 Outlaw? Would love to set something up...have a buddy with a 259 Convincor w/ stock 496 (375) in it? Just friendly jousting......got to have something to do while it's snowing.......what you running?

Tom 12-19-2002 11:47 AM

That Ultra is a great looking boat. Anybody have pictures of the rest of the ones on the list? If everyone wants to send me 800x600 images I can make a screen saver of them all.

Convincer, what kind of power puts it to 100+? Any other boats doing that? I used to have an 18 foot donzi and ran 60 in 3 - 4 footers before I figured out I was crazy. imagine those boats in the 24 range handle way better than that. Anybody taking them out in rough water? How fast in 3 - 4 footers?

EvilTwin 12-19-2002 12:02 PM

Convincor,

I have a 2002 29 Outlaw with twin 496's. I also have friends with Checkmates and I do think they are a nice boat, but in rough water they can't seem to handle it well am my friends 25 Outlaw. His has the 500HP and the checkmates don't, so speed for speed I can't tell you, but on the lake they have not been able to run with the Baja's (252's). Checkmates are a nice boat, but from what I have seen for years, is that they just aren't up to a Baja in handling. The Outlaw is a heavy boat for a 25'. Speeds are not the fastest, but they ride and handle in my opinion with anything else in its size.

cigarette1 12-19-2002 12:12 PM

Results of drag racing on flat water will not be recognized(by me) on Offshoreonly.com :rolleyes:

Any pissing contest should be done in a minimum of 3'-4' seas.

:cool:

CigDaze 12-19-2002 12:22 PM

Originally posted by CONVINCOR 300
...The Checkmate......It's built better than any of these other boats...
That's a pretty bold and ambitious statement, considering that line-up. :rolleyes:

DoTheMath 12-19-2002 12:33 PM

I'll throw my .02 in -- All-around, it would have to be the 25 AT, hands-down! It has the fit, finish, built like a brick $hit-house, runs very well in the rough and holds it's own in the flat. It's not a cookie-cutter boat, like BK, you can have it your way! You're not going to run into 6 of the same on the sand bar either, and the guys at AT are great and stand behind their stuff 100%! Think about a 25 AT with a new 525 and a Bravo /ITS drive... Zoinks!!!

:eek: :eek:

Jeff 12-19-2002 12:40 PM

I agree Nick, The 25 Outlaw is a great boat, just look at how many of the old 240's are still on the water, most with the original gel coat. The 25 Baja is a lot of boat and great in the rough. I personally think Checkmates are jive as f***.:D Did Checkmate ever start glassing the decks to the hull or are they still rivited together?

CigDaze 12-19-2002 12:47 PM

Hey Jeff! How's it going down there? Beautiful here!;)

"Jive as Fukk"...Now that's a new one to me! LOL!! :D

CONVINCOR 300 12-19-2002 01:21 PM

WOW.....one little statement and everybody lashes out at little old me! 40 years of business Checkmate must be doing something right.....right.. how long the other companys been around? I don't know where to start.....Jive as- no reason the cuss.. ....haven't heard that word in a while..their through bolted have always been(except for small boats)........how fast is that 29 you have evil... I ran a 30' Check w/single 502 -stage 2 pro charger 2 summers ago 80 GPS....this summer same hull twin 6.2's .....74 gaffrig speedo...whaaaaaaat's up! Damn this is fun!