dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Big boats - like an RV. Good quality.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Never owned one but did a few poker runs on one. Also my ex brotherin law owns a different one...

1st they are floating condo's, tons of room in the cockpit and cabin. As long as your not an NBA foreward they is plenty of stand up headroom in the cabin., they ride pretty good and move surprisingly well with modest power. well built too. I wouldn't hesitate to take one out in the pacific.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine in the Pacific. Going to be there again next month. Catalina bound.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:52 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Overall nice boats. Only thing I don't care for is some of there rigging. They use all steel fittings inside the boat. It's a big task when it comes time to replace everything. Awesome ride 65mph with ease 500-525hp a side. At over 15,000 lbs they plane out just over 2,000 rpm. Water conditions don't really matter 2's, 3's & 4's feel like a little ripple in the boat. If your into going out and having a good time with a bunch of people and like a little bit of performance with comfort it's the perfect boat in my opinion.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx all
Old 08-26-2016, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Had an opportunity a number of years ago at the Chicago Boat show to see a "Black Thunder". The first thing that came to my mind was it is a floating condo -- Beautiful boat and from what I could tell very well assembled- good attention to detail. The one that was on display I believe had 525's in it. Over the years I've read quite a bit about them - and whomever said that 2-4' will feel like a ripple is probably correct. - Another item is the amount of head room - I'm 6'2" and had NO problem going below.

All the best

3pointstar
Old 08-26-2016, 08:23 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Sadly, I don't think there is anything left of the company, but I could be (would like to be) very wrong. They've tried to reopen, and have changed ownership/management several times., Just be aware that if you need anything, especially BT specific parts like a windscreen or other custom molded parts, you could likely be on your own.

I do like the boats. They don't fit my style of boating, but several friends have had them and like them. There have historically been quite a few on the Chesapeake Bay, and a handful have also done the FPC runs back in the day as well.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Love mine and I know I'm looking forward to seeing Parveys run this weekend in the shootout. Nothing like a 140+ mph condo
Old 08-26-2016, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Sadly, I don't think there is anything left of the company, but I could be (would like to be) very wrong. They've tried to reopen, and have changed ownership/management several times., Just be aware that if you need anything, especially BT specific parts like a windscreen or other custom molded parts, you could likely be on your own.

I do like the boats. They don't fit my style of boating, but several friends have had them and like them. There have historically been quite a few on the Chesapeake Bay, and a handful have also done the FPC runs back in the day as well.
Ownership has always stayed with Don Jenkins. Management had changed. Otherwise I agree 100% with you.

They do have two unrigged boats in the old plant. A 43 flat deck and a 46 tall deck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.