Black Thunder Lives Matter

Notices

Black Thunder Lives Matter

Old 01-02-2017, 01:26 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 575cat
When did you go to headers ? I see the Ethanol boat with stainless marine gen 3 I was surprised .
Went to SS headers in 2014. Probably would have went with the Stainless marine as several people have made big power through them, and I think they are probably a bit more robust. Didn't know this at the time.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolerman
I believe it was a 904, not a 901 or 902 (I think). It can handle about as much as a powermark with the right water.
I'll see if I can catch you guys on the dock this year. I'd love to look at the boat.

How much do you think the 1/2 mile events are going to affect things for you guys?
Old 01-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 832 Likes on 352 Posts

Didn't see this thread till now, glad there is one highlighting how awesome that boat and setup really is. Just crushed the other boats of that class! When I heard that a black thunder beat a brand new SV 43 my jaw about hit the floor and I almost didn't believe it, and that was before I knew what speed they were running!

A real inspiration to the guys who love tinkering with there setups rather than just cutting a check for something faster. Keep it up, maybe there's another 15mph hiding somewhere...
Old 01-02-2017, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Didn't see this thread till now, glad there is one highlighting how awesome that boat and setup really is. Just crushed the other boats of that class! When I heard that a black thunder beat a brand new SV 43 my jaw about hit the floor and I almost didn't believe it, and that was before I knew what speed they were running!

A real inspiration to the guys who love tinkering with there setups rather than just cutting a check for something faster. Keep it up, maybe there's another 15mph hiding somewhere...
Heh I doubt it. Maybe in a 42 PR