Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO and its competitors? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34077-oso-its-competitors.html)

mr_velocity 10-02-2002 10:29 AM

I thought everyone wanted a 46 Skater with big Sterling Power.

Cord 10-02-2002 10:31 AM

Some time back, didn't a board member break away and create a copy of OSO?

MIdnightRider 10-02-2002 10:39 AM

My dream boat is 51' Outerlimits with Big Sterling Power! (the wife would like the cabin and I could run a full 120-130 in style and comfort) Midnight:cool:

42 Yellow Fountain- The one I ran was stepped w/staggered 900's.

MrCIG 10-02-2002 10:43 AM

Sorry Midnight, I'm with Zoomin' and Tonto it's got to be a Bigger Cig or and Apache. Sorry that life!!!!:D

Zoomnfun 10-02-2002 10:44 AM

Hey Mid, would like to know if thats us and check it out if poss.

Green camo paint sceme, Steelheart on the cowling. And we did fuel up GH.

Thanks, Dean:)

Zoomnfun 10-02-2002 10:47 AM

Yeah that yellow 42 was a bad ass, didnt it puke a motor on that run though?

Saw it at the Holiday Inn, lots of oil coming out the drain plug!!

MIdnightRider 10-02-2002 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Zoom- it was you, back4more was riding with you I think. I have the 42 Fountain with red and black trim, the exhaust over the swim platform. We ran with you boys.

And you CIG and Apache guys have great boats. My good Buddy Apache Kid has owned a 41 Apache and now has a 38 TG. I love apache lines, and have been in it in rough water, great boat. And I almost bought a Top Gun this year. But when it comes right down to it, for the early 90's vintages, those are slower boats with equal power for slightly more money. 90K could buy my boat, 90mph with Trip 600's; or a 91' TG w/ t-525's at 71 mph for the same money. I love the looks of my Fountain, I love those of Cig an Apache, but I love to go fast, and Fountains are fast.

And in todays newer used market, and showroom market, I think the fastest bang for your buck looks like an Outerlimits. Many will agree that there is not a better, faster design on the production V-Hull market. My next boat will probably be an earlier model 37 Stilleto. Those boats were made to run triple digits. Midnight:cool:

I spent the weekend parked next to this boat, and just knew I had to have one.

mxz800 10-02-2002 01:04 PM

as we all know(or should by now) "there are TWO sides to every story". i frequent a few boating boards and they all have there advantages. When we start bashing other sites and its members we will be no better than the boater ed site and the way they view OSO! Dont judge someone just by what others say, form your own opinion. This isnt meant to be a pissin match just makin sure it doesnt get railroaded the wrong way. Stop by the other sites and form your own opinion is the best thing i can suggest.

Rob

PhantomChaos 10-02-2002 02:13 PM

Originally posted by mxz800
as we all know(or should by now) "there are TWO sides to every story". i frequent a few boating boards and they all have there advantages. When we start bashing other sites and its members we will be no better than the boater ed site and the way they view OSO! Dont judge someone just by what others say, form your own opinion. This isnt meant to be a pissin match just makin sure it doesnt get railroaded the wrong way. Stop by the other sites and form your own opinion is the best thing i can suggest.

Rob

Didn't bash, just informed about the origin, and a little background surrounding the "issue".

WARPAINT 10-02-2002 03:01 PM

28 APACHE OWNER WANTS A 36

36 APACHE OWNER WANTS A 41

41 APACHE OWNER WANTS A 47

47 APACHE OWNER WANTS....TO GET RID OF HIS FAT OL WIFE AND TRADE HER IN ON A 23 YEAR OLD HOTTIE WITH A BELLY BUTTON RING.....GO OUT IN THE BIG STUFF AND LAUNCH IT:eek: OOPS SORRY WAS I DREAMING OUT LOUD;)