Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO and its competitors? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34077-oso-its-competitors.html)

Tonto 10-02-2002 10:24 PM

OSO RULES :D
All others suck........just MY opinion that I formed all by myself :p
Robert

OkieTunnel 10-02-2002 10:38 PM

After all this talk I had to check the other site out. I tried to look at the gallery and it wouldn't let me without joining. :(

PhantomChaos 10-02-2002 11:02 PM

Tonto..........and here I thought you were going to try to wake me with a call to my cell phone in the middle of the night! :D :D :D

Red Stripe 10-02-2002 11:37 PM

I guess I'm one of those 5 regular posters over at fastboats as well. I actually prefer the other site because it doesn't have some of the attitudes that are constantly displayed here on OSO. They dont sensor my posts either. I can post free classified ads, put links in my posts to other websites including this site, and it doesn't have all the advertisements that take forever to load up like this one, lost of neat features (including spell check)
No, its not the biggest site. Neither was this one when it started.
I think the competition will do OSO some good. Its only a matter of time till it grows and is a major competitor. But competition is good for us!!

Of course this is all my opinion:D

Reindl Powerboats 10-02-2002 11:37 PM

They look the same because they bought the same programing. What is the big deal guys... the only way to avoid competition is to be the orginator and get a patent. Comp is good, but I do not see much in the way of forums>>>

candyman35 10-03-2002 12:32 AM

Hey RS,
Would I be considered a regular??? What’s the problem with more than one site? God knows I don't have enough spare time to keep up with one site much less two, three or four. I have turned countless people on to OSO but that is not the only site I have recommended. There are choices in America. Just because you like one doesn’t mean you have to stay loyal to it or not like another. Should we all drive the same boats? Listen to the same music? Can we like Fountain and Cigarette?

I belong to both boards. There are good people there and good people here. They are different. The only thing that is the same is the software. Fst Bts has this boards Bikini gallery killed. OSO has the number of hits of FB's killed. Who cares? There both fun places to visit. I hope all of you don't log on to OSO and never check anything else out. OSO is a fantastic site and hopefully will remain that way but is not the only thing on the web.

A simple rule of life:
Don't bash your competition! It will come back to haunt you!

Too Old,
You are a business owner and should know this rule. If you don't like a competitor, a site or a boat sometimes it’s better to let it slide. There are feelings that can be hurt. I am the worst offender of this. I stick my foot in my mouth all the time. I have heard very little bashing of this site on FB's. I unfortunately have heard more bashing of OSO here by it's own members who maybe don't realize how wonderful it is to have a site like this.

How did this stupid thread start in the first place! :mad: That would have been my doing. "BAD CANDYMAN". MIdnight sent me a very nice link to the OSO gallery. I returned the favor by sending him the link to the FB's gallery. I figured he had seen the site because some of his friends are members. I guess they were holding out on him!:p The next day I get home and see this thread. You have to admit this place is fun when you stir the pot!:p I can't wait to see the board around the middle of January.

Dan

Red Stripe 10-03-2002 04:24 AM

Originally posted by candyman35
Hey RS,
Would I be considered a regular???

I'm not sure? Better ask Too Old:D :D

Red Stripe 10-03-2002 04:27 AM

Originally posted by Too Old

Not much content on that site either. Five or six regulars talking about anything but boating with a liberal bashing of OSO thrown in for good measure.

See Candyman:D :D You know how much I bash OSO:rolleyes: In fact, I think I speak my mind about OSO on OSO not on other sites. Its called feedback and I thought that was a good thing.:confused:

Red Stripe 10-03-2002 04:31 AM

Originally posted by PhantomChaos

As I recall, the owner of "the other site" took advantage of the fact that the OSO people accidently allowed the ownership w w w . O f f s h o r e O n l y . n e t lapse, he registered it, threw u[ up a copycat site on it, then tried to sell the URL back to OSO.

Not a very standup way to start a new site. :( :( :(

Sounds like someone dropped the ball and he was there to pick it up. Thats business though right?
I know if I let my personalized licence plate expire and someone else registered it, it would be theirs now.
Ya know what I mean?
:D

DLG 10-03-2002 09:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by candyman35
A simple rule of life:
Don't bash your competition! It will come back to haunt you!

Too Old,
You are a business owner and should know this rule. If you don't like a competitor, a site or a boat sometimes it’s better to let it slide.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Too Old is in the fast food business, I’ve never heard him bash his competitors. (Even when an opportunity was laid in front of him on a silver platter – M’cD’s fat coupon.) Boating is his hobby. What the problem with having (and voicing) his opinion on his likes and dislikes? Do don’t have to agree.

Example: Everyone KNOWS that Havasu pales in comparison to LOTO, Nort (wrongly) thinks otherwise. :( It’s OK for Nort to have his (wrong) opinion. :eek:
(Just jacking with you Nort.:D)
DLG[