Notices

Dry exhaust lives matter

Old 09-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Too funny we were just at a neighborhood party last night.

I we found out it seems everyone knows when we are going out boating.

I didn't think it was that loud. Not like they were complaining, they thought it sounded good. We got a good hood.

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 09-03-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:48 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
I hope you have a reasonably fast boat.

If you have dry tails and your boat isnt fast, well then you look like that guy...and nobody wants to be "that guy"....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558997[/ATTACH]
I totally agree !

I live next to the water , so I understand the noise complaints of very loud boats. There is a time and place, but for an everyday regular speed boat to be obnoxiously loud is upsetting. Same with sleds. Who are you impressing other than yourself ? If it's super loud it better go like a mutha fker. Again, Impress us, don't pizz us off.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you're not my neighbor. I have dry exhausts to prevent reversion. I don't sit at my dock revving it up and letting it run all day. My exhaust exits under my sim platform and is very muffled when not on plane. I only go in and out on two motors, never firing the 3rd until well away from the dock. You sound just as big of a prick as the dickwad that lives next to the launch. I didn't build my boat or make it loud to impress anyone, because most of the people out there have no clue what it takes anyway.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow. Poor Outboard only. Now loud exhaust bothers people here? It's sad
Old 09-03-2016, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

We live on the water, luckily good neighbors and no complaints. What I hate are some of the jet skis. They just go back and forth, round and round with that irritating chain saw noise. I hate it but live and let live and the kids are out having fun not playing computer/phone games.

Padraig
Old 09-03-2016, 08:10 AM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Wow. Poor Outboard only. Now loud exhaust bothers people here? It's sad
Originally Posted by 1000 islander
Glad you're not my neighbor. I have dry exhausts to prevent reversion. I don't sit at my dock revving it up and letting it run all day. My exhaust exits under my sim platform and is very muffled when not on plane. I only go in and out on two motors, never firing the 3rd until well away from the dock. You sound just as big of a prick as the dickwad that lives next to the launch. I didn't build my boat or make it loud to impress anyone, because most of the people out there have no clue what it takes anyway.
Not what we are saying....even if it looks that way.

A wet exhaust with no mufflers is fine....unless a 50 something mile an hr boat.No need for it plus there would be a ton of them.

A dry exhaust on a 70mph boat is also useless. + There would be a ton of them.

If the boat hauls azz, I'll stand there with a chubby.

If it makes you feel better the only two real sounds from the water that kill me at times is:

Loons going off with their calls early in the morning. Sometimes I swear they are having an orgy. Sorry nature lovers. LOL.

Sailboats in middle of the night with their windlasses going 'ching, ching a ling, ching......'

Hah !

Last edit: definitely depends on body of water you are on too. Our lake is decent sized, however most of it is narrow from shoreline to shore line. Only one area is very open.

Last edited by SB; 09-03-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:18 AM
SB
Registered

You sound just as big of a prick as the dickwad that lives next to the launch. I didn't build my boat or make it loud to impress anyone, because most of the people out there have no clue what it takes anyway.
No, I'd probably be helping you with a smile.

Please make sure to read my post above that I had to edit a few times to be more understood.

This is just simply some communication loss due to typing vs speaking in person.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Current situation: Adjusting float levels on the carbs in my boat. I shut off the last motor I do and the jerkoff that lives (next to a boat launch no less) across from where my boat is parked is standing on the bank and says to me "I hope you are done". I said "What if I'm not". He says "You know there's a decibal limit law" and I respond "You know there's an azzhole limit law". He walked away. So far so good, no cops and it's been over an hour.
Sounds like the people that buy a house by the drag strip then start complaining. Dumb a$$
Old 09-03-2016, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Not what we are saying....even if it looks that way.

A wet exhaust with no mufflers is fine....unless a 50 something mile an hr boat.No need for it plus there would be a ton of them.

A dry exhaust on a 70mph boat is also useless. + There would be a ton of them.

If the boat hauls azz, I'll stand there with a chubby.

If it makes you feel better the only two real sounds from the water that kill me at times is:

Loons going off with their calls early in the morning. Sometimes I swear they are having an orgy. Sorry nature lovers. LOL.

Sailboats in middle of the night with their windlasses going 'ching, ching a ling, ching......'

Hah !

Last edit: definitely depends on body of water you are on too. Our lake is decent sized, however most of it is narrow from shoreline to shore line. Only one area is very open.
Sorry this sounds extremely liberal to me. I can have dry exhaust if the boat meets what you think should have it? Maybe I like the sound of it. My bike isn't a drag bike and it's loud as sh*t too. If a guy has a boat that runs 40 and he likes the sound and spends the money to put dry exhaust on then so be it. My last gasser truck was all stock with exhaust. Prolly should have left the exhaust off since it didn't haul ass right?
Old 09-03-2016, 09:37 AM
SB
Registered

Oh boy.

Why the names and labels ? From two people even?

I'm not here to fight and I'm not singling anyone out here.

I am not telling you guys what to do and if it is wrong or right because Every area and situation is different. Edit in: What I speak of is only if that was in our area.

I'm a gear head. Not a tree fuker. But I do live for our outdoors. :smile:

I am someone though, that tries to respect others within reason, but they need to respect me within reason also.

Last thing I ever want is to have my hobbies taken away. Even if I don't want to, sometimes I have to be flexible to be able to enjoy those hobbies.

And yes, I've spent time (taken work off even) to fight ludicrous (my feelings) super low Db limits and speed limits. Boats and sleds. There are two extremes and some in the middle. If all would get in the middle there would be less tension from all sides.

I agree, if you get a place on a lake looking for peace and quite you don't get a place on a lake that has a long standing tradition of being a performance boat lake where dry and/or loud west exhaust has been the average. And you don't move there and try to change the laws !

Find another lake !

Just like the example above of moving near a racetrack and trying to get them shut down over the noise. Ridiculous !

I know how that feels ! I've been on this lake for most of my almost 50 yrs. Performance boats ran rampent, which was great and exciting, then more and more people got homes on the lake and surrounding areas because of loving the area, but yet wanted to change our laws.

Our lake was wet exhaust with no mufflers....no dry pipes. Again, if you saw the layout of our lake with it's shorelines close to each other you'd probably understand why even without laws...and this was before laws.

Do we fight until we lose our hobby, or do we fight and then try to find some middle ground ?

This is very for real and has been happening all over our country.

Absolute worst case is hobby (hobbies) get's taken away and then I'll have to move. In the meantime if we continue to find middle ground and I and they can bend somewhat to co-exist then that is the route I have to take.

Just remember about what I said above, that I took several weeks off work,and many other days/nights to fight for us performance boaters and snowmobilers in my state against ridiculous speed and noise laws. I may have been able to do more (can't we all !) but atleast I know that I did something more than just complaining about it. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I didn't because I live for performance things. The day I can't is the day my life turns to schit.

Are we better now or am I still an azzhole ? Why would I enter topics on big cams, cubic inch, exhaust design, and etc,etc if I wasn't into performance anything ?

Anyway, enough about the rambling. I need to get my semi loud boat (too loud for some) ready to go burn some fuel.

Have a good one and enjoy the day on the water.

Last edited by SB; 09-03-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.