Fit and Finish of Cigarette GT3 AMG >

Fit and Finish of Cigarette GT3 AMG

Notices

Fit and Finish of Cigarette GT3 AMG

Old 09-13-2016, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fit and Finish of Cigarette GT3 AMG

Anyone else notice the AMG GT3 is pretty lack luster as is comes to the interior? It seems that for a model of this caliber and AMG boat show boat it would be all perfect and nicely finished.

The rear sun pad is plain white, no logo and stitching also very lumpy looking. All pads along the gunnel have no detail as well as the bow seating.

Maybe they rushed it for the boat show just to get it out there??

The new GTR much nicer and looks like a finished boat and what you would expect from Cigarette.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

I like it simple. I would guess that they knew the boat would have changes made to it by the first owner. Its pretty ugly really but awesome for its utility... fast, comfortable etc.

I think it needs a giant platform on it! It will be interesting to see where it winds up and what the first changes are.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the boat but agree on the interior ! That interior needs bling bad def power helm seats to start.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

When that boat finds a buyer, they are likely going to want a custom interior and a bunch of other things. I agree with Cigarette on keeping it simple and on the cheaper side for them to beat the snot out of on the show circuit. Then it can be blinged up for the buyer.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
When that boat finds a buyer, they are likely going to want a custom interior and a bunch of other things. I agree with Cigarette on keeping it simple and on the cheaper side for them to beat the snot out of on the show circuit. Then it can be blinged up for the buyer.
Cheaper side huh, Only 1 million dollar boat!!!
Old 09-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by 370ss500efi
Cheaper side huh, Only 1 million dollar boat!!!
Cheaper side for the Cigarette team them self.

Why load up the interior of a demo boat that the owner will prob want custom to taste anyway. Keep is simple stupid as you tour it and its cost effective when it's time to rip it out for the new buyer
Old 09-13-2016, 06:15 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Fit and finish refers to the workmanship, not styling...at least in my mind. It sounds like your issue is with the style and aesthetics as it doesn't appeal to you. As far as I've seen, the workmanship in a Cig hasn't declined any.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:36 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

As a follow up, I've seen incredible fit & finish on some Cigs that's just wonderful but the colors and styling just want to make me vomit. I'm pretty simplistic and classic in my tastes, some of the "kitchen sink" paint and interiors of the late 90s and earlier 2000s have not appealed to me at all...but that's just one person's opinion, means nothing really.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
As a follow up, I've seen incredible fit & finish on some Cigs that's just wonderful but the colors and styling just want to make me vomit. I'm pretty simplistic and classic in my tastes, some of the "kitchen sink" paint and interiors of the late 90s and earlier 2000s have not appealed to me at all...but that's just one person's opinion, means nothing really.
I believe the phrase you are looking for paint wise is "spectral vomit"......
Old 09-13-2016, 07:01 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by phragle
I believe the phrase you are looking for paint wise is "spectral vomit"......
Accurate, throw in the random "painters gone wild" descriptor too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.