Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT:What are the NJ Democrats THINKING? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34129-ot-what-nj-democrats-thinking.html)

Gary Anderson 10-02-2002 03:51 PM

Wes,
It's my understanding (I could be wrong) that if they dont get a replacement on the ballot, Torricelli could resign prior to the election. This would allow the DEMOCRAT governor to replace him. The way the law is written and could be interpreted, the replacement could be for a year. This would require a special election next year.
Sounds like a clever move if control for the senate comes down to one vote.
As for logic in NY, they elected Hillary and inflicted her opinions and votes on all of us. Enough said.
Gary

mopower 10-02-2002 04:02 PM

Every politician is out there for one thing:mad: :mad: :mad: HIMSELF:mad: . Republican , demacrat , whatever ,different face different day , business as usual :( Their job is to make money for the government...OUR money:eek: . If the law doesn't suit them , they change it:mad: . We get F@<&ed so much I'd say I fell like a 2 bit whore , but at least they get paid. IMHO:rolleyes:

Shane 10-02-2002 04:02 PM

The only thing is...if the Governor appoints someone else toteh seat it is a CELAR BREACH of the CONSTITUTION! The CONSTITUTION specifically states that no matter how many people fill the vacany that term can only last 6 YEARS! If another person is appointed then it would extend the term to 7 years and be UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

Gary Anderson 10-02-2002 04:10 PM

Shane,
You're exactly right, but what actually happens depens on NJ judges. The majority of them were appointed by democrats.
Gary

WesSmith 10-02-2002 07:54 PM

Good point Gary !

It just seems like the people will have less to say about who gets elected than they usually do ! :mad: :rolleyes:

As for Hillary......I still can't find anyone who admits to voting for her .;)

georges 10-02-2002 08:49 PM

I can't find anyone who will admit they voted for her husband.....twice!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

fatdaddy 10-02-2002 09:22 PM

Well, I'm sure that most of you have heard by now that our liberal NJ Supreme Court found in favor of the Dems to put "Lausenberg" on the ballot and that they have to foot the bill for reprinting (approx. $800,000.00). The law was clear. I did some election lawyering in the past and am friends w/ the lawyer representing Republican Forrester. I don't think that they will leave it there. An appeal to the Federal level will be made and the decision will eventually be overturned b/c absentee ballots to military personnel and others must be mailed 35 days prior to the election. As a practicing attorney, decisions like todays really make you ask yourself if there isn't something better to do w/ your time. It's an embarassment and I can't beleive that they found someone to actually want to run. :mad:

Ted G 10-02-2002 10:16 PM

I was so pissed I went to NRSC
and donated 100 bucks. I hope they spend it to ridicule the Dems back to the Stone Age over this bullsh*t.

sroker 10-03-2002 06:54 AM

Every politician is out there for one thing HIMSELF . Republican , demacrat , whatever ,different face different day , business as usual Their job is to make money for the government...OUR money . If the law doesn't suit them , they change it . We get F@<&ed so much I'd say I fell like a 2 bit whore , but at least they get paid.

mopower, CAN I SHOUT THAT OUT!

Jan 10-03-2002 07:54 AM

Little Democratic Catch Phrase " Disenfranchised Voters", which they have used since Bush won Fla. Now they are doing it to their own, the NJ voters already have spoken in the Dem. Primary on who they wanted on the ballot. By changing the name on the ballot they have taken away the peoples choice.
Jan