Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!
Old 10-02-2002, 09:09 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

WOW No doubt!!!! You better go buy a lottery ticket.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:40 PM
jb
Registered

wow..I kept waiting for the punch line.... lucky..I think
Old 10-02-2002, 09:48 PM
cartman

Talking

WOW you realy lucked out this time.I guess that trailer is road worthy.Glad to hear you didn't screwed.

Old 10-02-2002, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Jeff, wait til you see the trailer!

All the cross beams are now cracked all the way through!

I am amazed that it didn`t spill the Carver all over the road
Old 10-02-2002, 09:58 PM
cartman

Talking

HA HA HA!!! I'll have to check that out. I tried to contact that guy in the classifieds about his 28 cig no responce 2 emails and left a message on his machine mabey it's sold?

Old 10-02-2002, 10:33 PM
Bo Knows

Never, ever accept a check unless it's a certified check or a cashiers check, and never make a transaction unless it's during business hours. People who are trying to scam you will set up a time to pick up the merchandise when the banks are closed so you can't verify anything. Make sure you find out how your customer is going to pay. If it's not cash tell him only certified or cashiers check. Get the buyers name & address, the name, address, check number, and the person he deals with at the bank or financial institue that the check is coming from. Call information in that city & ask for the number of the bank, call the bank & verify the check. Don't call the banks number that the buyer gives you. It may be a bogus number he set up with a friend. Let your banker know you will be coming in with a check for a large amount and he can inspect & verify it for you also. Don't let yourself get ripped off !!

Bo knows

Old 10-02-2002, 10:43 PM
Registered

I don't think the guy had a consience- I think he had second thoughts about playing mystery date in a federal penitentary.

Well, I guess maybe that is the modern day equivalent of a consience. A guilty A-hole...

Bulldog
Old 10-02-2002, 10:48 PM
Registered

Recently sold boat and had to wait 5 days for checks to clear as they were processed out of state (local bank), found out that stop payments could be put on at any time on any type of check. My recomendations would be to only accept wire transfer, if not at least hold title until checks clear--this does not occur at the same time they tell you that the funds are available. SELLER BEWARE
Old 10-02-2002, 11:05 PM
Registered

Wild Wild Wild story Kurt!!!!!!!!!! You friggin lucked out, or the guy was on the up-and-up and just had transfer problems, then to red-faced to come back. If he was ripping it off, and he got scared, he would have just dumped the thing somewhere. Just what I was thinking.

Was that the duct-taped trailer that you brought your TopGun home on? Whoa!

Quick Reply: Wanna read something really whacked?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.