Notices

Boats and Babies

Old 10-03-2002, 08:21 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for life jackets next year we are going with the swim suits with the floatation buit in...they make a Coastguard approved version now......its a battle getting my daughter in the jacket after that she's great! looking into having a kid bolster made....she loves to be able to see and from the back seat she cant. Looking into making a frame that I can strap in between my bolsters and hanging a toddler seat in it...its in the planning stages good winter project.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My daughter had her first ride at 2 weeks.She turned 5 this august and is learning the ropes as it were.She can tie to a cleat,hang fenders and even helps clean the boat.It is all she wants to do all summer long.I was a boat baby myself some 38 yrs ago and it never had any negative effects on me,unless you consider being a boataholic a negative thing.Just use common sence,always hold the baby because car seats don't float face up and you will get to experience some of the best quality family time possible.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I think most everyone will agree that "Babes" go better with boats than "babies" , I have to agree that boating is a GREAT family activity! I have four ( ) children, ages eight, five, four and three. We have a 28 Eliminator V-hull that will run (when I'm done forking with it ) close to 80, and the kids absolutely love it!
It's all a matter of compromise, IMHO. I really would like to own a fast cat (and will soon ), but the small cuddy is great for the little ruggers. My two three and four year old lttle girls will crawl up in the cuddy and take a nap at WOT!!
I looked at a 30 Daytona and have convinced myself that it has just enough cabin for the kids to play in and me to go 100 plus!!
Now if I can just find some reasonable cat insurance!!
Old 10-03-2002, 09:05 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I was raised around boats, and look what it did to me! (OK, no comments please.)

I do not have any experience directly, as I do not have kids; however, I am not afraid to take them out. When the time comes, you can do as Ty (Agressor 25) does; he takes the laptop, sets it up in the cabin, and plays kid DVDs for their daughter and anyone else's little ones that are around. Works great at keeping them entertained, and Corinne LOVES going fast.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 10-03-2002 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:22 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

My buddy got a puppy this season....no where near a kid but his boating days are over!! atleast this year....we'll see what happens next season!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-03-2002, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wally, your buddy should have bought a retriever. I also have one of those, and they love the water and people. I have met alot of great people through my dog. Everyone loves her.
As for "babes" over babies, my next child is due in Feb/March. That should get my wife back in shape by boating season.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:39 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

gator, its a yellow lab and the dog actually likes the boat from what i can see. Still a little timid of deeper water but she's coming around......its more the wife "baby'ing"(sp?) the baby!!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-03-2002, 09:47 AM
Registered

Wally, Mine is also yellow lab. No problem deep or shallow water. Start it off slowly at shorelines. Other labs around help. I started mine in a pond at about 4 mos. A friend had his adult lab also, so mine did everything the older one did. When I had a center console boat, I could not fish top water lues. She thought we were playing fetch. Everytime I casted she jumped in. She has also jumped in after crab buoeys, milk cartons, birds and fish swirling near top.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Registered

I had my little guy out on my Skater when he was 6 months old , now he is 2 years , and loves it, get him out early.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:21 AM
RacerX@LMP

I CAN'T KEEP MY KIDS OUT OF ANY OF MY BOATS THEY ARE 5 AND 7 LOVE IT.

Quick Reply: Boats and Babies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.