Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
When do you make the decision to part out versus selling??? >

When do you make the decision to part out versus selling???

Notices

When do you make the decision to part out versus selling???

Old 10-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Tough call. Looking in the Fountain classified for all of 30 seconds, I did see two newer comparable boats for the same or less $$.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
Tough call. Looking in the Fountain classified for all of 30 seconds, I did see two newer comparable boats for the same or less $$.
very nice looking boat
but a 91 straight bottom 42 ,,,,with tripps,,,, is 2 big factors deturing a potential buyer
and as stated there is stepped hulls "trying" to sale in same ballpark and still for sale
I have a nice little 27 for sale for 1 penny on the dollar spent on a full resto
and still sitting,,,,as stated end of the season,,,,buyers market,,not sellers,,,,
good luck as it is nice

Last edited by johnmiffco; 10-12-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 460 Likes on 244 Posts

whatever life circumstances have changed for you, i hope they are short lived, and things get right for you.
whatever decision you make must be in your best interests.

that is a beautiful boat and as i said before you did a fantastic job on her.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a friend who has put a ton of money into a 28 foot velocity and he tried selling the boat by pricing it to include all of what he spent on it. Blows my mind. Looks like a nice boat. With that said just because you put xxx into doesn't mean you will get it back. One thing I've learned is when a boat is priced right for the market it will sell. Bottom line it's priced too high for the market. Sad but true.

If you will get more money parting it out that would be the best financial option. If not you will get pennies on the dollar for all money spent. Best of luck looks like a nice boat.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will peddling parts forever at way less than 50 cents on the dollar , been there done that drop price and let it go .
Old 10-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

What are you assuming you can get per engine with exhaust?

Anyone know what the older triple Hustler sold for that recently started at $99, then $69 if I remember correctly?

Last edited by TxHawk; 10-11-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TxHawk
What are you assuming you can get per engine with exhaust?

Anyone know what the older triple Hustler sold for that recently started at $99, then $69 if I remember correctly?
Had a triple 95 hustler 40 fiore with 700 hp natural aspirated motors. Drives done up well. Turn key boat. Great condition.Newer interior and top, on and on and on. Sat on a Eagle trailer. Sold for 60k

It's hard to sell a older boat. No financing so you need a cash buyer.

If you part it plan on selling stuff for years, Ive tried to go down that road before. Some things sell right away others takes forever and you give them away just to get them out of your way.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I would think even a low offer on a complete boat will be worth more than parting it out over a couple years. Worst part is once the power/drives are gone then you are down to $50 parts and the hull will probably not be worth anything (due to all the parts it needs to be complete again!). So you are staring at a stripped boat taking up space and it gets more aggravating.....
Old 10-11-2016, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Talk to Gordan. "Smokin Gun" on here. He has parted out a ton of boats, and seems to know the best path.About 10 years ago he took my 312 Fastech that sank and took every last nut and bolt from it. Brought me back my bare hull, which I had to document disposing of per insurance co. request. Great guy.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the lessons my father taught me and I have tried to install in my kids...if in doubt do nothing, the path will ultimately show itself. In your own words you have the flexibility to do nothing...so don't do anything. You've a fine boat that obviously has seen a lot of investment and been a labour of love. Be patient.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.