Notices

Single Power

Old 10-03-2002, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Powerboat Magazine September 2002 article 'Stock Prophets' compaired the Advantage 28, Baja 275, Commander 26, Nordic 28, Sunsation 288, Ultra 28, and Warlock 29 all with 496 MAG HO packages(except the Baja which had a standard 496 MAG). The Warlock posted the best top speed and the best excelleration other then the 26' Commander. The price as tested ranged from $59,150 to 92,886; the Warlock was $77,500.

If you would like more info on Warlock Powerboats please contact us at:
315 697-5849
or
[email protected]
Old 10-03-2002, 10:46 AM
Registered

Powerboat magazine did a deal on a whole bunch of 26-29'ish single engine boats earlier this year. Velocity and Warlock looked like real good buys. Check out their website archives to find the article.
Old 10-03-2002, 10:49 AM
Offshore Addiction

I know of a nice 29 warlock for sale.....

Old 10-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DanB's warlock is BAAAAAAD! and its for sale!!!!
Old 10-03-2002, 11:56 AM
Registered

Default Active Thunder!

I happen to have a 25' Active Thunder for sale and its right around the corner from you. E-mail me and Ill give you details and get you out for a ride. Weather permitting Im going to be in the Newburgh area this weekend.
[email protected]
Old 10-03-2002, 12:00 PM
Tom
Registered

I included am tired of hearing how BatBoats blow everybody else away, but you said fast and a B28 BatBoat will easily walk away from any of those listed in any water using less power and less gas. If you are looking for performance you owe it to yourself to check them out at least. Every time I read about how much power they have to put into those other boats to go so slow it amazes me. 80 - 82 with a 502 and procharger Sonic will also take the rough stuff VERY WELL ( Sorry Sydwayz, nothing personal but you are comparing lemons to lemons, not performance boats) And when they talk about rough water they are comparing the handling to other boats that beat the hell out of you in rough water. They should compare handling to the best, not the worst. All those other boats argue about who can go 1 mph faster. B28 BatBoats handle so much better it is a waste of time racing them since you go at least 10 mph faster with the same HP in calm water and blow by them in the rough. APBA won't let them race against those other boats because BatBoats have an unfair advantage - modern design instead of old technology.

A B24 will blow them all away too and is more fun than a B28, but you might want a single boat to do more than just be the ultimate fun driving experience. I've yet to see a boat under 32 feet that can keep up with my little B24 in the rough stuff. I took a guy with a 28 in 4 - 5 footers at 85 yesterday after he took me at 70 in the same stuff and his boat beat the hell out of me and him. I could never understand the obsessin with sleeping births. If you want to go camping get an RV to haul your boat with. Porsche and Ferrari don't make sleeping births because no matter how you look at it you are essentially buying an RV that handles well instead of a true performance machine.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:06 PM
Registered

All the above suggestions are very good. Don't overlook Checkmates. They handle the rough stuff very well and are pretty quick. You really need to narrow your needs down. Do you need a large cabin? Do you want just top speed? What kind of water do you usually run in? All this needs to be taken into consideration.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:23 PM
Registered

There's only been brief mention of Velocity's. My 26' Thoroughbred, the predecessor to the Velocity 280 has been consistently faster with similar power to any other single engine monohull I've come up against.

I had it for sale a while back and decided to keep it. That was about a year ago. I'd entertain selling it now since I only used it 4 times this last summer.

Any interest and I'd be glad to forward you some details on it.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

tom,

no offense meant here, but a batboat for recreational use is not something that too many people are going to consider. no sundeck, enclosed cockpit, and styling thats well..... unusual. i'm not disputing your claims as i do not know about their performance. try to convince the wife to buy one!!!!!

raceboat OK, sunday afternoon ancored out in the bay, not
Old 10-03-2002, 12:48 PM
Registered

I too think the bat boats are Bad A$$ but heck, most of the time we're rafted up to friends just hanging loose. How would you raft up with wings? Just not real practical for coving out.

I'd love to have one as a second boat for poker runs, maybe an occassional race, etc. But not as my primary pleasure boat.

Quick Reply: Single Power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.