What state ?
Ohio. I just have a couple basic questions right now
Old 10-13-2016, 07:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Ohio. I just have a couple basic questions right now
Issue the issue legal malpractice? Medical Malpractice? And what state is extremely important. This area is outside of my wheelhouse, but I generally figure most legal issues out, to refresh your recollection I am DUI/BUI, Criminal, Traffic, Juvenile Mattersand some family Court issues,

My new website:
Crimelawnj: http://crimelawnj.procurrox.com/
Stephen
Old 10-13-2016, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Medical. As u know I am an RN . Issue centers around hospital aquired post op infections abcesses delayed diagnosis delayed treatment plus some really stupid blatant mistakes
Old 10-13-2016, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Medical. As u know I am an RN . Issue centers around hospital aquired post op infections abcesses delayed diagnosis delayed treatment plus some really stupid blatant mistakes
I cannot give you good leagl advice in that area of law for an Ohio matter, I do have classroom experience in that area of law but that was 15 years ago in law school. I really cannot help answer your legal questions with a solid answer, sorry.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

As a nurse, I assume that you are aware hospital acquired post op infections are multi factorial, and rarely have a single identifiable cause.

Most commonly, abscesses most commonly occur in imuno-comprimised patients.

The standard of care of making an accurate medical diagnosis maybe easy to dissect “retrospectively”, but in reality medical decisions by physicians occur prospectively.

In most states, it will be a challenge to have a nurse become a qualified expert against a physician ultimately responsible for the patients well being.

In the USA all hospitals, have peer review committees to that can efficiently evaluate accusations from any other allied providers in a medical institution.

Good luck

Doc
Old 10-13-2016, 10:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
As a nurse, I assume that you are aware hospital acquired post op infections are multi factorial, and rarely have a single identifiable cause.

The standard of care of making an accurate medical diagnosis maybe easy to dissect “retrospectively”, but in reality medical decisions by physicians occur prospectively.

In most states, [B]it will be a challenge to have a nurse become a qualified expert against a physician ultimately responsible for the patients well being[/B].

In the USA all hospitals, have peer review committees to that can efficiently evaluate accusations from any other allied providers in a medical institution.

Good luck

Doc
Those two statements I highlighted that you posted refreshed my recollection from my law school days in regards to the standard of review, and the local community practices which maybe acceptable in Ohio but not necessarily acceptable in Colorado, in New Jersey..[I]"standard of care is the generally accepted procedures and practices all medical providers in the geographic area would use when treating a patient with a particular disorder. This standard of care will vary depending on a number of factors, including the patient's overall health and age."[/I]

Doc, it took your post to remind me of the legval standard...you have planted a seed in me to maybe change or expand my legal practice, good post!
Old 10-13-2016, 10:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped

In most states, it will be a challenge to have a nurse become a qualified expert against a physician ultimately responsible for the patients well being.

Good luck

Doc
Those two statements refreshed my recollection from my law school days in regards to the standard of review, and the local community practices which maybe acceptable in Ohio but not necessarily acceptable in Colorado, in New Jersey..]"standard of care is the generally accepted procedures and practices all medical providers in the geographic area would use when treating a patient with a particular disorder. This standard of care will vary depending on a number of factors, including the patient's overall health and age."

Doc, it took your post to remind me of the legval standard...you have planted a seed in me to maybe change or expand my legal practice, good post!
Old 10-13-2016, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sucks but doctors are not held to a very high standard of care. Doctors can be negligent and not be sued. You have to prove gross negligence to have a chance of recovery in a suit. It's almost an unwritten rule that quality doctors will not testify against another doctor. It's fact that in most states there is a cap on recovery for medical malpractice. And in the majority cases the suit will cost more then the recovery amount. Don't believe what you hear about sky rocketing premiums because of frivolous lawsuits. Doctors and insurance companies have legislative out almost all responsibility for there actions. This is not second hand information i have been there and it was a rude awakening to the real world of doctors and malpractice. Good luck with you health.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.