Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Szolack  withdrawing from Shootout Action >

Szolack withdrawing from Shootout Action

Notices

Szolack withdrawing from Shootout Action

Old 10-25-2016, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 755 Likes on 407 Posts

The new Statement CC I saw at the Shootout in August both on the strip Wednesday night and then at Fish and Co, on Thursday was a complete work of art and hands down my favorite CC I've seen to date. They are still building boats and by the looks of that boat, building some of the best CC's out there.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
The new Statement CC I saw at the Shootout in August both on the strip Wednesday night and then at Fish and Co, on Thursday was a complete work of art and hands down my favorite CC I've seen to date. They are still building boats and by the looks of that boat, building some of the best CC's out there.
That's that "Wired up" boat. I like it but I don't think they top was a hit for everyone. Regardless at least they are trying new things and pushing their designs and ideas with each new build.

They selling more than ever, Keeping up with the times, and are not afraid to try new things. I would say that is a good biz model.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by kidturbo
Contrary to popular belief, there has been some decent advancements recently in cat design to specifically address high speed stability. The one that come to mind is the 50' Statement which uses a radically redesigned tunnel entrance.

If you do some reading, you'll find they patented this design and somewhat claimed it solves the blow over problem. Much like a velocity stack, the design accelerates airflow thru the tunnel, and focuses that into "channels" I guess you'd call them near the stern. Hence the air exiting the tunnel is very clean and actually moving faster than the air around or over the boat. The aero guys can explain these benefits, but the popular "shake down" video looks super stable at 180mph.

https://youtu.be/Wsc_qmnmKLw

If they can figure out how to keep them from catching fire, maybe we'll get to see one go fast enough one day to prove their stability theory...
Not a very impressive video. Looks like 6" chop.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Not a very impressive video. Looks like 6" chop.
I have been in that boat in the 160 mph range and it was very stable and felt "secure" at those speeds.

Also it's not like all these "blow overs" are in the deep seas with large swells.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 755 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
That's that "Wired up" boat. I like it but I don't think they top was a hit for everyone. Regardless at least they are trying new things and pushing their designs and ideas with each new build.

They selling more than ever, Keeping up with the times, and are not afraid to try new things. I would say that is a good biz model.
Yes the sister boat to the Wired Up MTI. We followed the cat on the way down to LOTO then got a pic with it on the strip. What a pair of boats!
Attached Thumbnails Szolack  withdrawing from Shootout Action-wired1.jpg   Szolack  withdrawing from Shootout Action-wired2.jpg  
Old 10-25-2016, 09:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Yes the sister boat to the Wired Up MTI. We followed the cat on the way down to LOTO then got a pic with it on the strip. What a pair of boats!
ya...that is a show stopping pair of boats both done very well.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Keep "them"...it was one boat and from a fluke accident.
I know, was just busting on the overall design flaw. Turbine boats seem really flammable. Thought maybe that's why they added the 300 gallon Jacuzzi tub. Fire suppression...

Seriously the tunnel design is pretty cutting edge and showed potential. I saw the passion and CC in Cumberland couple years back. I'd fly in it.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 51 Mystic is the most advanced boat in the world of offshore

Last edited by baditude; 10-26-2016 at 05:26 PM. Reason: .
Old 10-26-2016, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by baditude
The 51 Mysticism the most advanced boat in the world ofvoffshore
I am always trying to learn more and keep up with the times.
I am familiar with the original design, if you are referring to Mystic, really cool boat too, what has been changed to make the Mystic more advanced?
Thanks
Old 10-26-2016, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
I am always trying to learn more and keep up with the times.
I am familiar with the original design, if you are referring to Mystic, really cool boat too, what has been changed to make the Mystic more advanced?
Thanks
Design, wind tunnel testing, canopy construction and of course real world testing at 244 mph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.