Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Pantera Pics from the early days >

Pantera Pics from the early days

Notices

Pantera Pics from the early days

Old 10-14-2002, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This pic .was taken at 1977 Miami Bacardi Race. It would go from Miami to Bimini and back to Miami.

This 24 was powered by a single 460 Ford / Hollman and Moody with a Volvo outdrive.Top speed was 63 MPH with fuel and 3 guys.

The round trip on a good day was about 2 hours and on a snotty day up to 8 hours.

Real offshore racing back then.If you missed Bimini, God only knew where you would end up.The VHF , life raft, food supply,and drinking water were a must.

NO GPS at the time.You need to navigate your way there with a compass since it is 47 miles each way open ocean.

JO
Attached Thumbnails Pantera Pics from the early days-m5-1.jpg  
Old 10-14-2002, 02:58 PM
Registered

This pic.was taken just before the start at the wet pits locate at the Four Ambassadors hotel in Downtown Miami.

The brown boat also in this picture is a 27 Signature from Tommy Adams.

JO
Attached Thumbnails Pantera Pics from the early days-m5-2.jpg  
Old 10-14-2002, 03:00 PM
Registered

This pic. was taken in 1991 at our factory in 188 st. of a 28 we built for a customer in South America with enclosed canopy and Recaro seats.

JO
Attached Thumbnails Pantera Pics from the early days-stealth-28.jpg  
Old 10-14-2002, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Jo, I know that the 24 and 28 are you most popular models and now the 35, but I have seen a couple of larger boat's that were called pantera. I think one was a 47? What other size of boat's have you guys built?
Old 10-14-2002, 03:20 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

great pics jo. i have saved every one of em. . . . i got this ad pic from a 1978 copy of MOTORBOAT. i have always thought that this was one of the best looking boats ever. way cool man. . . oh yea . . at the bottom of the ad it says " all for the price of $13,900 fob Miami" . . .that price still good? . . keep em come'n . thanks
Attached Thumbnails Pantera Pics from the early days-pantera.jpg  
Old 10-14-2002, 03:26 PM
Registered

Hey fun home,

We had nothing to do with the ( 2 ) 47s Aronows that were built and sold as Panteras.I think they were being built in the State of Missouri back in the mid 90s.From what they told me the gentelman building them wanted to use our reputation to get out of these 2 boats.He is no longer around.

We did build a total of 4 38 Panteras that came out of the original Signature molds.3 went overseas and one just got sold recentley to a member here on Offshore only.There is pictures of the boat in the Pantera section.

We no longer have those molds and decided to build our new 35 Survivor instead with a 42 in the near future.

Regards, JO
Old 10-14-2002, 03:31 PM
Registered

Hey Glass Dave,

Thanks for sharing that pic..

I do not even have that one around anymore!!

I am thinking of doing a Christmas special next month and honor that price with a 500 EFI package.

Regards, JO
Old 10-14-2002, 03:39 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am first in line .... confirm my order for one 2002 24' Pantera with 500EFI for $13,900.00. I'll even throw in $5,000.00 to deliver it to Newport Beach
Old 10-14-2002, 04:13 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
This pic. was taken in 1991 at our factory in 188 st. of a 28 we built for a customer in South America with enclosed canopy and Recaro seats.

JO
VERY, VERY COOL... WONDER WHY THE CUSTOMER WANTED AN ENCLOSED CANOPY... IT ALMOST LOOKS ARMOR PROOF!
HHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmm SOUTH AMERICA HEH HEH HEH
Old 10-14-2002, 04:29 PM
DLG

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
[B]Hey fun home,

We had nothing to do with the ( 2 ) 47s Aronows that were built and sold as Panteras.I think they were being built in the State of Missouri back in the mid 90s.From what they told me the gentelman building them wanted to use our reputation to get out of these 2 boats.He is no longer around.

I know that guy, he use to work for a marina whose owner is now making our license plates. I don’t know what happened to him though, last I heard he was doing something with Magic, but that was years ago..

Quick Reply: Pantera Pics from the early days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.