Outerlimits Debuting New SV 43 Raceboat At Key West Worlds >

Outerlimits Debuting New SV 43 Raceboat At Key West Worlds

Notices

Outerlimits Debuting New SV 43 Raceboat At Key West Worlds

Old 10-27-2016, 05:20 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by caferacer
Factory classes were great!! Why it stoped ?? Outerlimits has made great strides in the custom boat market and has the kilo record!! But anything other than huge wins in key west and they end up with egg on there face... after all they are chasing a couple of ten year old fountains that have been winning everything for a long time. Beautiful boat!! But can it win??
Not sure I would say egg on their face if they loose the first race they are in. I am sure bugs will have to be worked out.
In the long run you would think a much more modern design that is all carbon would be hard to beat by the older glass boats.

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 10-27-2016 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I always like the factory class boats that all had the same motors. They were in the single F-1 small Vee,Twin F-2 Vee, Twin F-3 cats. It was great for tec and for resale value. Yes it was a single source supplier that some liked and others didn't but at the end of the day it was equal motors in all classes that were interchangeable. Why wouldn't the SV class take the same stance and run the Super cat motors wit now more builders allowed. Man that would make life so much easier to follow as a fan IMO
Second me on that. I fell in love with the comp's watching the new ZRC's tearing up the status quo in the F-2 Class back in the day!
Attached Thumbnails Outerlimits Debuting New SV 43 Raceboat At Key West Worlds-twin-zrcs-2.jpg   Outerlimits Debuting New SV 43 Raceboat At Key West Worlds-maxresdefault.jpg   Outerlimits Debuting New SV 43 Raceboat At Key West Worlds-zrc-l_30.jpg  

Old 10-27-2016, 12:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

New boat, little seat time, not a lot of test time to get rigging dialed in....hopefully it will be competitive but certainly no egg on face if it does not dominate.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=TYPHOON;. Why wouldn't the SV class take the same stance and run the Super cat motors wit now more builders allowed. Man that would make life so much easier to follow as a fan IMO[/QUOTE]

I.m with ya /
Old 10-27-2016, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Second me on that. I fell in love with the comp's watching the new ZRC's tearing up the status quo in the F-2 Class back in the day!
yep loved bobby fishers
Old 10-27-2016, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Not sure I would say egg on there face if they loose the first race they are in. I am sure bugs will have to be worked out.
In the long run you would think a much more modern design that is all carbon would be hard to beat by the older glass boats.
I suppose you are right..and also in racing anything could happen!! I wish I was going!!
Old 10-28-2016, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
New boat, little seat time, not a lot of test time to get rigging dialed in....hopefully it will be competitive but certainly no egg on face if it does not dominate.
Somehow I don't believe that same mindset was in play when Doc's 29 first hit the racecourse. Expecting great things from this new 43 and if it is successful the rewards will be that much more satisfying due to beating some very strong competitors.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I always like the factory class boats that all had the same motors. They were in the single F-1 small Vee,Twin F-2 Vee, Twin F-3 cats. It was great for tec and for resale value. Yes it was a single source supplier that some liked and others didn't but at the end of the day it was equal motors in all classes that were interchangeable. Why wouldn't the SV class take the same stance and run the Super cat motors wit now more builders allowed. Man that would make life so much easier to follow as a fan IMO
Randy,
That is basically what SBI did. The Superboat motor came out first, so when we started the new SuerVee motor we went off the same platform with just a few changes. The comp, and rpm where alittle to much for the SuperVee class those SB motors are 800hp at the rpm they run. But both platform are built on a 509 ci block and the SB motor 9.5 comp and the SV is 9.0 at 5800 rpm.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Is the OL rigged yet? 9 days to KW.
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 10-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i know Joe it will be done, might be limited testing but they will be ready.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.