Notices

How to remove injectors?

Old 10-28-2016, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts
Default How to remove injectors?

Either from the fuel rail, or the intake!
Simply pry them out from intake? Same for fuel rail? Or special way to do this?
Anyways, sent everything to engine builder and he took them out. Just forgot to ask him how he did...
Old 10-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

LOL. I was wondering myself and thinking about asking,

Thanks,

Padraig
Old 10-28-2016, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Take the bolts out of the fuel rail, lift it up...the o rings on the injectors are the only thing that really hold them in place
Old 10-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the orings keeps them in the intake? or in the fuel rail? i already took the 4 bolts out of the fuel rail, everything moved but was stuck pretty tight in there... just did not feel like using more arm power! cause it can sometimes cost an arm!
Old 10-28-2016, 10:42 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

twist them side to side then rock them back and forward.

Last edited by Wobble; 10-28-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
the orings keeps them in the intake? or in the fuel rail? i already took the 4 bolts out of the fuel rail, everything moved but was stuck pretty tight in there... just did not feel like using more arm power! cause it can sometimes cost an arm!
There's o rings on both ends, do as wobble mentioned and they should come out
Old 10-28-2016, 11:37 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

and do not pull or push on or from the connector portion of the injector itself. And when you reinstall injectors use new O rings and lube them with something like glycerin or waterbase KY.

Also there a few injector removal tools on the market.

And some people have made homemade versions as well
Old 10-29-2016, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-29-2016, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Yes, thanks!

Bub, is there any reason to keep track of which cylinder the injector belongsvto?

Padraig
Old 10-29-2016, 08:11 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
Yes, thanks!

Bub, is there any reason to keep track of which cylinder the injector belongsvto?

Padraig
Patrick YES 100 % mark which injector come out of which cylinder hole especially when pulling them out to have serviced. For me I want the injectors numbered from whomever pulled them to send in. Why because injectors are electrical and mechanical devices - basically, With that said some injectors came in dead - some come in spraying very little - some come in drooling and or leaking fuel under pressure and some you never can bring back to life no matter what you do. So lets say out of a set of 8 --- that 2 injectors drool fuel like crazy and the other 6 are 100 % fine and have very nice spray patterns that match eachother. With that said, It would be very wise to know what cylinders the badly drooling injectors came out of so you can check / inspect those exact cylinders for any problems -

I have done this for eight years and here / there it has proven upon very sound advice to help track down any other internal problems within the cylinder(s), piston(s) and or ring(s) and or the ring seal.

Of course the other side is injector(s) that do not flow enough fuel as that can cause very lean conditions in that cylinder(s) (hole) so again inspection of that or those cylinder(s) would need further inspection.

The deal with fuel injectors is that you can have many flow great and produce great volumes but have one or more in the same group that is very poor at everything it needs to do. There is no rhyme or reason to how many are going to be good or how many are going to perform poorly or even completely bad.

I will say this, its very rare that I have tested used injectors and that set performs 100 % and 100 % exactly same when they are sent in. Even brand new injectors right out of the box sometimes do not even perform the exact same.

Last edited by BUP; 10-30-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.