Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by class6
Performance Marine Surveyors
Ed Cozzi, 954-895-4633
Absolutely!!!!! once you get that far that is
Old 10-31-2016, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, thanks guys! This is all really helping me out. I'll save Ed's number for sure.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:24 PM
Registered

OK, I think I really want an MCOB for around Tampa. Opinions on Nordic vs. Donzi ZXO vs Sunsation MCOB? The Donzi and Sunsation MCOB's are really hard to find in price range. Are one of these 3 boats far superior to the other 2?

Here's a Sunsation example below. How many hours is too many on a boat like this? 462 hours is a lot on this one, right?

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/45891

Last edited by CLASSIC MUSCLE; 10-31-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Stock black motors will run a loooong time if properly maintained and cared for. You'll need to do compression, leakdown, and engine scan to see how it's been ran. Usually that requires a Merc technician, surveyors rarely get involved in mechanical checks, aside from letting you know if they work or are broken.

I think the top speed may be a typo in the ad... This article puts top speed at 64. If that boat listed really only runs 52, I'd want to know why before I put money down.

https://www.boats.com/reviews/fresh-take/
Old 10-31-2016, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CLASSIC MUSCLE
I've heard this too. Excuse my ignorance, but what is so bad about the side tanks? Just better to have the fuel weight lower in the hull versus higher in the hull?
Nothing necessarily "bad" -just not ideal... sub optimal weight placement and potential balance issues.
More complex, more failure points, more plumbing
- if built today 2 evap canisters..

If they did switch them over and you can get a single belly tank thats how I'd go...

Id normally throw Lavey Craft in the mix, but I dont think you'll find anything in your price range.

UD
Old 10-31-2016, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
Stock black motors will run a loooong time if properly maintained and cared for. You'll need to do compression, leakdown, and engine scan to see how it's been ran. Usually that requires a Merc technician, surveyors rarely get involved in mechanical checks, aside from letting you know if they work or are broken.

I think the top speed may be a typo in the ad... This article puts top speed at 64. If that boat listed really only runs 52, I'd want to know why before I put money down.

https://www.boats.com/reviews/fresh-take/
Cozzi will do an hr read and report as well as a basic go over with the engines. on stock blacks I feel good with what his service provided
Old 10-31-2016, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

I have been in both the Nordic and Sunsation 28's. They both ride rougher than a night in jail. I have not been in the Donzi, but I suspect it would be far superior in the quality of ride in the rough.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
I have been in both the Nordic and Sunsation 28's. They both ride rougher than a night in jail. I have not been in the Donzi, but I suspect it would be far superior in the quality of ride in the rough.
Thats pretty funny!

Is the don a 24 degree v?

UD
Old 10-31-2016, 09:44 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

You have some really great boats in your sights but there's a reason why outboards are so popular these days. Reliability and ease of maintenance. If you are in saltwater compare the difference in how easy outboards are to maintain vs. IO's. Hook a hose up to the receptacle on the cowl and you've flushed the outboard. Done. Good luck!
Old 10-31-2016, 09:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Ing
You have some really great boats in your sights but there's a reason why outboards are so popular these days. Reliability and ease of maintenance. If you are in saltwater compare the difference in how easy outboards are to maintain vs. IO's. Hook a hose up to the receptacle on the cowl and you've flushed the outboard. Done. Good luck!
Agree 100% about outboards but is there anything outboard powered in the size and budget to suit the o.p?
Even new boats today, very little to chose from if you want outboard power, except cc's and cats of course.

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.