Good 1st Performance Boat for $25-35K? >

Good 1st Performance Boat for $25-35K?

Notices

Good 1st Performance Boat for $25-35K?

Old 11-02-2016, 10:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Powerquest of any interest? New listing and looks very clean in the pics.

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/photographs/45934

RR
Old 11-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the Nordic Heats - I've had a lot of seat time in a 496HO MCOB the past couple season in calm water, great lakes and poker runs. The Nordic is well built and is a pretty fast/light hull. What I found when running in rough water or chop is you cant expect to beat through the waves, it's a throttle down and hang on kind of ride.

I'm a huge active thunder fan but the 25 tantrum is TINY
Old 11-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by MINK
I love the Nordic Heats - I've had a lot of seat time in a 496HO MCOB the past couple season in calm water, great lakes and poker runs. The Nordic is well built and is a pretty fast/light hull. What I found when running in rough water or chop is you cant expect to beat through the waves, it's a throttle down and hang on kind of ride.

I'm a huge active thunder fan but the 25 tantrum is TINY
Sounds like a pos to me if it was a.well bult offshore boat you could hammer fhe cdap out of it bruh.. Throttle down do everything you can to aviod the waves doesnt sound like a fun day on the water. All your drunken buds behind screaming nail it and air.the btch out now thats what im talking bout. 24* and a bunch a resin thats what ur lookinng for wont get all loose and out of shape on a novice driver either til he overpowers it a bunch.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
They do! I had one and it was a great boat. I do miss having a MCOB.

To the guy who ripped on the sunny and Nordic, ignore him. That's no different than a ford vs Chevy argument. What I will say is the Nordic is a 22 degree dead rise bot versus the sunnys 24. That aspect alone will provide a better ride. The Nordic are nice but I went sunny based on the cabin alone. For where I boat and how I boat I liked the ability to close it down versus the open flow through I had seen on nordics.

I wasn't ripping on anything, just stating the facts. I have owned a 28' MCOB with a 22deg hull for the past 5 years. I know what a rough ride feels like. Had a 27' MCOB before that. My Advantage is huge compared to the 288 Sunny and it is still rough compared to a heavier 24 deg hull.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
I wasn't ripping on anything, just stating the facts. I have owned a 28' MCOB with a 22deg hull for the past 5 years. I know what a rough ride feels like. Had a 27' MCOB before that. My Advantage is huge compared to the 288 Sunny and it is still rough compared to a heavier 24 deg hull.
If he plans on boating in anything but lakes buy a 24* hull. You wanna go really fast get a lighter layup boat. But a 22* hull will beat itself and its passengers to death. Some resin buckets have steps. There are so many nice used boats for sale right now its a great time to be in the market. Buy a cig or other brand that will hold value and had an analretentive owner... several #3 & 3a & 5 boats out there now. You can beat em and beat em and not come home on a rope like the bravo boats

Last edited by iliveonanisland; 11-02-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Registered

Try this look through the oso classifieds find something u like ask oso'ers bow ot rides performs etc. The search here by make for one in your price range.

http://m.powerboatlistings.com/cgi-b...er=Skater&nh=2
Old 11-02-2016, 10:33 PM
Registered

Try this look through the oso classifieds find something u like ask oso'ers bow ot rides performs etc. The search here by make for one in your price range.

http://m.powerboatlistings.com/cgi-b...er=Skater&nh=2
Old 11-03-2016, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Nordic Rage, they are really well-built boats, look great, and have an efficient stepped hull. They run some good numbers with modest (or stock) 496 power.

With that said, they are not the best rough water boats, but they make an excellent lake boat. If you're running in anything considerably rough I think you're still going to get beat up in anything in the size range you're looking at
Old 11-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Island on this.

A 24 degree V will make a noticeable and real difference at the end of a long day.

Where you can notice instantly in a switch from boat to boat is in holding an offshore course against an ocean swell.

UD
Old 11-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

You can find some decent 29' single engine Fevers in the 35-40K range.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.