Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Salt Water--Store on Trailer or Boat Rack Storage? >

Salt Water--Store on Trailer or Boat Rack Storage?

Notices

Salt Water--Store on Trailer or Boat Rack Storage?

Old 10-31-2016, 09:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

May be a stupid question but I've never seen racks set up properly for stepped hulls, just two straight timber beams with carpet. Do they have racks designed to support stepped hulls in the U.S? I hate to think of a stepped hull sitting for weeks on end without the proper support.

Very few performance boats here but there is a Hustler with Yanmars and Arnesons that sits on a trailer all year round and the last 6-7' of the hull doesn't even touch the beams of the trailer.

It'd be a lovely boat with some TLC.

RR
Attached Thumbnails Salt Water--Store on Trailer or Boat Rack Storage?-image.jpg   Salt Water--Store on Trailer or Boat Rack Storage?-image.jpg   Salt Water--Store on Trailer or Boat Rack Storage?-image.jpg  

Last edited by rak rua; 10-31-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Damn first post.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561060[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561061[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561062[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Salt Water--Store on Trailer or Boat Rack Storage?-image.jpg   Salt Water--Store on Trailer or Boat Rack Storage?-image.jpg   Salt Water--Store on Trailer or Boat Rack Storage?-image.jpg  

Last edited by rak rua; 10-31-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
May be a stupid question but I've never seen racks set up properly for stepped hulls, just two straight timber beams with carpet. Do they have racks designed to support stepped hulls in the U.S? I hate to think of a stepped hull sitting for weeks on end without the proper support.

Very few performance boats here but there is a Hustler with Yanmars and Arnesons that sits on a trailer all year round and the last 6-7' of the hull doesn't even touch the beams of the trailer.

It'd be a lovely boat with some TLC.

RR
In South FL and they def know what they are doing.

http://tntcustommarine.com/marine-center/
Old 10-31-2016, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tip the guys at the marina who care for your boat. They'll wash and care for it better. At least that's how it works here in NJ. Closed cooling doesnt include the manifolds and risers on I/O 496's, not on my 496HO's or the reg 496 in my 330.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Before we brought our 353 down South I had fresh water flush outs and closed cooling installed, it wasn't cheap, but it really saved the engines, if you can afford the additional cost of rack storage the convenience is great, I know they'll hose your boat down, but if you give the guys a few extra bucks or a case of beer every once in a while and they'll really take care of it.

Last edited by 314joey; 10-31-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:41 PM
Registered

I live in Tampa-trailer my boat all around different ramps-Ft.Desoto-Gandy-Clearwater-Anclotte River, depending on where we want to boat....My boat storage is under 200.00 a month, under a roof and 24 hr access-----I can go wipe her down and wax her--due light work and easily drag her home to change oil-drive work-gel-work.....My gas is half the price on the street than a marina!!!!!!! I have several friends that rack store their boat---they love the phone call put my boat in------BUT they hate the rent, over 300.00 a month--gas prices---can't just go over and do light work unless you tip the guy again---SALT air eats them !!!!!! The salt air is 24-7 and then they are restricted to only boat in the area you store it in......!!!!!! Just my thoughts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2016, 02:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1stoutlaw
I live in Tampa-trailer my boat all around different ramps-Ft.Desoto-Gandy-Clearwater-Anclotte River, depending on where we want to boat....My boat storage is under 200.00 a month, under a roof and 24 hr access-----I can go wipe her down and wax her--due light work and easily drag her home to change oil-drive work-gel-work.....My gas is half the price on the street than a marina!!!!!!! I have several friends that rack store their boat---they love the phone call put my boat in------BUT they hate the rent, over 300.00 a month--gas prices---can't just go over and do light work unless you tip the guy again---SALT air eats them !!!!!! The salt air is 24-7 and then they are restricted to only boat in the area you store it in......!!!!!! Just my thoughts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where are you storing it for that cheap in doors and protected cause it was $300 for my boat in this area and NO where near the water.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Before our dock behind the house was completed I had the Formula inside on a rack for a few months and it was $10/ft free unlimited ins and outs.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:59 PM
Registered

U-Haul storage on Waters Ave in Town N country-----It is not indoors--it has a roof over her and buildings from other businesses, and trees all around her---I need to cover her though cause of the birds that fly in and stoop on the roof rafters !!!!!
Old 10-31-2016, 03:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1stoutlaw
U-Haul storage on Waters Ave in Town N country-----It is not indoors--it has a roof over her and buildings from other businesses, and trees all around her---I need to cover her though cause of the birds that fly in and stoop on the roof rafters !!!!!
Ok...makes sense.

Thought you meant full indoor storage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.