Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
puder...you or anyone else here talked to Bruce Dudley lately? >

puder...you or anyone else here talked to Bruce Dudley lately?

Notices

puder...you or anyone else here talked to Bruce Dudley lately?

Old 10-04-2002, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

here was his office number at State-A-Mind Watersports. i'm not sure if he still works there, but they may know how to get in touch with him. it is just off of 270 and Lindberg.

314-731-3795

i hope this helps.

chad
Old 10-04-2002, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Mlitefan,

I don't blame you for being upset---hope justice is done without legalities.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:36 AM
mlitefan

Thanks folks...I stopped trying e-mail months ago...I already called State o Mind and they said they had no affiliation with him and hadn't talked to him in some time. Said they didn't know how to get in touch with him other than his cell...I relayed the same message I did here...I called them because his cell message queue was full and I couldn’t leave a message…

This is what prompted the message here in the first place...A person can be but so nice and so patient. This is not my style but neither is getting screwed out of money…boating is supposed to be fun…

I just want my money.

Old 10-04-2002, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boating is supposed to be fun…
Aaaaa How I remember making that comment about 3 years ago when my engine builder keep telling me for about 6 months "NEXT WEEK" we will be done. Other people in office started calling the engine builder beside me because I was pissed all the time.

"Boating is my release from the BS of work"
Old 10-04-2002, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question to all............
Is it that hard to find a guy locally that builds motors?

From Virginia to St Louis to have motor work done?
I wouldn't go over 100 miles for anyone I didn't have a best friend give impeccable references of.
I read stories about people traveling hundreds of miles for work to be done and then get hosed, I'm using that as a general statement, not specifically this instance.
I will be doing a motor in the next year or so....and I am already looking into parts, have a motor guy that is an ex-racer that is a family friend....I would think anytown U.S.A. would have a good motor guy in it or close by....May take a while to find him though......

Am I crazy

Geeter
Old 10-04-2002, 10:53 AM
283CHECK

Greeter
That is a valid question, but as I found out the hard way a good engine guy can be good with certain engines and suck with marine engines!! I had a guy build my engine, didn't want anything fancy just bore it(no choice)and upgrade the valve train to roller and up the cam a tad. He had a great rep in the racing circles and told me he could build the motor. Long story short I got lucky he gave me my money back and got the motor to do what ever he wanted to with it. Some places you have to search for a good marine builder with a good rep. Take a look at some of Jayl13's threads he is in the same boat so to speak!!

Bruce has had a good rep on his motors, it seems as some have had problems with the way he prioritizes things. I for one have had nothing but good luck with Bruce he was always responsive and very helpful for me, things didn't work out as I wanted something close to stock and he didn't have anything. He went as far as to give me a cam to try and was going to open up my heads for me to try and get what I had to work... But in the end I went elsewhere, when I told him I was going to do so he was fine with that. I then told him I was going to send anyone that I knew that needed help on motors his way and he flat out told me not to at that time due to the fact that he is/was swampped.. But I have not spoke with him for sometime either..

Chris

Old 10-04-2002, 01:47 PM
Registered

Default 283 Check

Yep..I agree on the marine versus racing comparison.
I am spending a lot of time finding out what works in 1 world and not the other.
I am spending time and money to find out what is right for the plans I have.
Getting into rod length/valve train geometry/etc is hard info to find without paying the ultimate price of engine failure to find out what works best in the marine environment.
It took me a year and a half to find my boat (25 Checkmate)...Now I'm sure it'll take almost that long to get the right motor combo and components to throw into it....

Geeter
Old 10-04-2002, 03:22 PM
283CHECK

Greeter
Check out the checkmate section here on oso(you might have already been awhile since I've been in there)but there are a few guys there that are running some nice power in their mates!! Talk to mr. gadgets I think his is either a 25 or 28 but it is not stock. There was a 30(I believe)at the LOTO shoot out that ran low to mid 90's also...

Old 10-04-2002, 06:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Unhappy been there done that!

Back in 2000 I sold a brand new 27 Warlock to a guy and owner financed it for him. He gave me money down and a lean on his house if things went bad. I saw him on the lake a few weeks later and the boat sounded like a top fuel dragster. He had put a blower on the engine - not even a marine application! Long story short he blew the motor and I wound up with the boat back and 10 other people had 1st dibs on the house. Ok so a local engine builder on Lake Lanier says he is going to help me out. He takes the motor and $ 1,000 up front. 7 MONTHS later I get the motor back 1/2 assembled - not finished. He had taken my heads and replaced with older ones, etc. I took the motor back because I thought I would never see it again. I should of kicked his ass but know better than to go to jail. Ok so now I find a very reputable guy and he builds me a bad ass motor on time and perfect - thanks Ricky!( tells me about the old heads , etc) Run the boat one time and the oil milks up - ****! We find out that the 1st engine builder put a old cracked oil cooler on the motor - Can you believe it? Longer story short - the boat finally ran awesome and I sold it for $ 45,000. I had over $70,000 in it. Beware of the fraud engine builders - pay more and use the reputable guys - Eickert , Sterling , etc - Damn I'm pissed all over again - going to get the bat! BH
Old 10-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems to me the way to go is to find a motor already built or rebuilt like you want, then buy it and have it installed. These horror stories of months on end of waiting just to find out they aren't built right really gets me. Yes, you may pay more for one already to go, and money MIGHT be limited, but I know damn well the number of summers alotted to us all are limited FOR SURE!
You can make more money, but you cannot make more time.

Quick Reply: puder...you or anyone else here talked to Bruce Dudley lately?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.