Notices

Intercoolers

Old 10-03-2002, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Intercoolers

TO INTERCOOL OR NOT TO INTERCOOL..............I REALIZE THE GAIN IN HP BUT IF YOU LEAK AN INTERCOOLER AND NOT CATCH IT KABOOM THERE GOES $$$$$$$$$$ SO I AM CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS OF INTERCOOLERS.............

BY THE WAY I HAVE THREE LEE INTERCOOLERS FOR SALE IN GREAT SHAPE ASKING $1400.00 EACH OBO THEY WERE OFF 1200HP COBRAS
Old 10-03-2002, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BUT IF YOU LEAK AN INTERCOOLER AND NOT CATCH IT KABOOM THERE GOES $$$$$$$$$$
But if you detonate motor there goes $$$ also. I have been running intercoolers since 1973. I would not spend any money on a blower motor without one. Never had a intercooler leak. Number of blowen motors due to detonation, lost count.

I think Boot was looking for some coolers. He had gotten sand pluged in the ones he had.

Last edited by Turbojack; 10-03-2002 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Turbojack

But if you detonate motor there goes $$$ also. I have been running intercoolers since 1973. I would not spend any money on a blower motor without one. Never had a intercooler leak. Number of blowen motors due to detonation, lost count.

I think Boot was looking for some coolers. He had gotten sand pluged in the ones he had.
GOOD FUEL AND KNOCK METERS................
ITS JUST THAT I HAPPENED TO BE IN THE SAME BOAT THAT I BOUGHT ..........AND IT PUT A ROD THRU THE MOTOR...I WALKED AWAY FROM IT THEN...BUT KNOW I HAVE IT....I REALIZE LOOKING AFTER THEM IS KEY BUT I DONT HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE WITH THEM PERIOD THATS ALL
Old 10-04-2002, 04:04 PM
bobby daniels

Lightbulb

GOT BALLS > CAR COMPANIES USE INTERCOOLERS MOST ARE WATER TO AIR I DON'T FEEL THEY WOULD DO IT WITH OUT
IT BEING NESSARY ,LEE AND WHIPPLE WE'VE USED TONS OF AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM ,
ON LONG PULLS IT DOES WORK VERY WELL !!!! (INTERCOOLERS)