Notices

Dear Donald Trump

Old 11-09-2016, 09:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dear Donald Trump

Please keep fuel prices low for us. Thank you.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

While I would agree that it's good for the consumer, if oil prices go up, you will see a more active economy. For our business, higher oil prices equals more opportunities and activities, it's a double edged sword.

Also, if oil prices go up, you will see more people working, and better paying jobs. Soooo, while it's nice for boating and your expenses, the overall benefit is better if prices increase.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 892 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle
While I would agree that it's good for the consumer, if oil prices go up, you will see a more active economy. For our business, higher oil prices equals more opportunities and activities, it's a double edged sword.

Also, if oil prices go up, you will see more people working, and better paying jobs. Soooo, while it's nice for boating and your expenses, the overall benefit is better if prices increase.
true, but oil prices and fuel prices have not followed one another for a while. the added cost of regulation has kept gas prices up while oil prices have gone down.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle

I agree. I live in Oklahoma where oil drives our economy. I feel that $3.00 per gallon gas (regular unleaded) would be a good compromise for a thriving economy without killing the consumer. We need to get rid of the ethanol mix gas and it's government subsidies.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be okay with paying a little more if we could revisit /rewrite the EPA language to allow for more ethanol free!!!! and put the fear of E15 to rest!!
Old 11-10-2016, 08:51 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

The truth is that—and this is a completely apolitical statement—although presidents like to take credit and deflect blame for gasoline prices, they really have very little—if any—control over them.

I see both sides of it. I have to run premium in my car so (go figure) I appreciate lower fuel prices. But when oil prices are low, high-end wines sales go down and my girlfriend runs a boutique winery.

Yes, I know, these are first-world problems.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 892 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
The truth is that—and this is a completely apolitical statement—although presidents like to take credit and deflect blame for gasoline prices, they really have very little—if any—control over them.

I see both sides of it. I have to run premium in my car so (go figure) I appreciate lower fuel prices. But when oil prices are low, high-end wines sales go down and my girlfriend runs a boutique winery.

Yes, I know, these are first-world problems.
wine stains and boat interiors dont go together so maybe the wine sales go down because they are out enjoying their boat and wine sales go up when they cant afford the fuel and want to get drunk while they look at the boat on the trailer.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like many other have said, It nice filling the boat up at 2 dollars a gallon, but at work we are feeling the pain. The fact is most be that buy our products(Polaris) are the ones with more of a disposable income and those income are the ones that flucate with the income and are tied to the oil and gas industry along with Ag. I would much rather pay 3 dollar a gallon and still have my job then 2 and not!!
Old 11-10-2016, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

I want the fear of law to be put back in Washington. We all know they were on the take forever but now the cockroaches are basking in the sunlight. Time to chase them back into the cracks where they belong.

-------------------------
I want to thank all the people who got Trump elected. We all know Kellyanne, the Trump kids, Rudy, Newt, Rance, etc, etc worked really hard but ….. The real thanks goes out to the grass roots people that took it upon themselves to make this happen. For the most part we were not organized or part of some big group (churches, unions, collages, etc) just everyday people doing whatever they could to make it happen. The hours online fighting back the tidal wave of lies and BS from the left and the media. People driving people to the poles, knocking on doors, putting Trump signs out over and over as the Libs kept stealing or destroying them. Just putting a Trump sign out in the first place in a deep blue state like I live in. Not to mention the millions and millions of dollars that were donated to the campaign most under 50 bucks at a time.
We did this people and we all deserve a pat on the back for a job well done.
PS, The Libs are hurt but they are not dead. We can party today but tomorrow the war begins again (the left wing media is already at it today).

Last edited by f_inscreenname; 11-10-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:12 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Lower fuel prices help my local economy - tourism.

When gas prices where sky high some years back, we took it up the azz.

Less people came and spent $$$. Locals had less $$$. No one could afford to support each other in the off months, Boom !

As prices went down, more and more people came.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.