665 inch BBC for LaveyCraft NuEra29 build >

665 inch BBC for LaveyCraft NuEra29 build

Notices

665 inch BBC for LaveyCraft NuEra29 build

Old 05-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
If i recall from earlier in this thread, i thought you were running a 760 ish lift cam? What material seats did you guys end up going with in the heads? 45 deg seats? What kind of run time are you guys looking for between top end freshenings?
Lift is .751" measured at the valve on the intake and .709" measured at the exhaust valve.

Seats are the Tucker hard seats

No idea on run time for freshen. We used a 45º valve seat and kept it wide and high on the valve for durability. Valve springs are an endurance design and relatively mild and the cam is relatively mild so it should be easy on valvetrain. If it was mine, I would put valve springs in it once a year as preventative maintenance. The rest we will have to play by ear and see how it holds up.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Thats awesome. Cant wait to see the final product on the water. Bup, you planning on going to the loto shootout this year with it ?
Old 05-10-2017, 10:09 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

The plan is yes for LOTO and the Hotel rooms are bought already for it. Prob 6 passes for the run - 3 each day is our plan. We are behind with most of this custom project, so I can not say 1000 % we will be completely ready. We want to be.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Anything new on this build?
Old 06-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zach F100
Anything new on this build?
The engine is done and ready to go. We are currently waiting on the upholstery crew to get the interior and the seating done and then it can be finished.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Curious how this project turned out? Updates ?
Old 10-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What he said?
Old 10-09-2017, 08:45 PM
BUP
Banned

Thanks for asking MT.

The interior is done finally - it now has to be installed in the boat. So we have stored the engine for the year. Throttles still has it all bundled up.

Many sportboat builders do not have in house interior personal anymore - you know the numbers of new builds are just not currently there for about 90 percent sportboat builders - so this had to be out sourced. Extremely long timeframes plus some of these interior places have no sense of one needing it done soon. The soon part never happened as it was a lot of waiting. So we called it year and plan on 2018 for a full year starting first week of May.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

BUP, cant you boat all year around? I mean with the exception of maybe January... Arent you chomping at the bit?
Old 10-09-2017, 09:18 PM
BUP
Banned

KA the home base for this boat is Upstate New York. Still many V hull sportboats running around in the Northeast. --- Outerlimits - Velocity - Checkmates - Baja - Pantera - Fountain - Scarabs - Sonic Some Apaches - Sutphens and then the New York based singles - Hustler and their twin apps , Rage, Activator, Superboat, Progression, Kryptonite and so on... Anyways 95 % people up in the NE never seen a Lavey Craft and most never even heard of them either. Just trying to market the brand in places that really never had sales of Lavey's. . NJ and Michigan still big V hull sportboat owners as well. - plenty of Sunsations and Powerquests running around there to.

Where I live in Dallas / Ft Worth is very poor for Sport boats. So many Pontoon boats, Bass boats and Wake boats. No interest here for a V hull Sportboats. Total waste of time plus the lakes here are not like Michigan, New York and what the East Coast has to offer. They are small here and some with many stumps. In the past 5 years people think a 25 Baja Outlaw is huge and the big chits for a sportboat in the area. Years ago not the case for Sportboats, About 35 to almost 50 percent of the boats that came to me was sportboats. 10 years ago and back.

We winterize and have to every year ---- 90 percent of my customers lay their boats up for 5 months min. Nov thru first week of April. Many even wait till first week of May to get summarized. We have had only 1.5 years now of normal lake levels since mid 2010. Kind of not the best area to be a huge boater IMO unless you love to bass fish or wake board or slow poke along in a pontoon boat. . Some will argue with me about boating in the area but they have never been to LOTO nor Lake Havasu or places in Michigan to see some real custom Sportboats . Anyways just rambling on. .

Last edited by BUP; 10-09-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.