Notices

388 Hustler Slingshots

Old 12-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 82predictor
Arneson is way longer than xr on boxes. I have xr on boxes and my buddy has asd. His stick out way further, mine are pretty much under my platform his are no where close
Originally Posted by 1989mah1
I don't think there was any debate about props at least not with me anyway they can all hurt you. But for someone to say that Asd's don't stick out any more then a brovo style Drive even a #6 is just crazy. Imo

The Arneson Bravo Conversion is only .... 4" longer from the transom than a Bravo is on a standoff box.

I don't know how everyone is twisting this like any outdrive is safe to dive/jump onto but I would not want to jump on any outdrive nor outboard for that matter.

Most of the prop bites (shark attacks) I've seen are from outboards and everyone one I've seen are a result from the swimmer kicking the propeller when .. Swimming... All the accidents come from the bottom of the propeller not the top.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562274[/ATTACH]
Propellers are certainly not "People Friendly" so I don't advise anyone go near them even on land. But to try an single one out purely on misconception is a bit out there. We have a propeller guard just for this concern and we also can use Bravo style propellers too.
Attached Thumbnails 388 Hustler Slingshots-dsc03860.jpg  
Old 12-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep this Sh** going about dangers of boating. More rules and regulations. Next they will mandate you put a pool type fence around the transom of the boat. Hustlers are very nice boats and well built. No experience but have crawled around looking at their build. I would suggest to look and try both setups. Arneson's and Bravo or other drive combination available. Discuss it with owners that have had them. The main question I would ask "Why did you sell?" What did you like and what did you dislike. Oh and stay away from sharp objects.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm ok with my kids swimming around the back with my bravo boats..... non labbed props even the better....
I would not (its just me) be easy with kids swimming around the back with cleavers, labbed or anything where a harmless/innocent kick in the water turns into a possible bleed-out.situation... No thanks!!!!

That's the problem with these real nice boats.... too nice & you watch yours and all your guests where they step....what they touch...and now with them being real fast you need to watch where they swim???? ............but we do it
Old 12-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Arneson is way longer than xr on boxes. I have xr on boxes and my buddy has asd. His stick out way further, mine are pretty much under my platform his are no where close
Agreed our buddies cig was next to ours. He has xr's on boxes. His def stuck out further than our stock setup but nothing like this:

https://i.imgur.com/JV9STt7.jpg
Old 12-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Registered

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Registered

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Registered

First pic is of my "FAKE OFFSHORE BOAT" Second pick is a "REAL OFFSHORE BOAT" slingshot. My wannabe drives on mercury boxes fit almost completely under the platform, the bravo converted boat stick out quite a bit more.

So, can we get this back on track now that we know propellers can cut people and that most of us posers don't have "REAL OFFSHORE BOATS?"
Old 12-01-2016, 09:13 PM
Registered

Any word on where the slingshot hulls come apart??? Bow, stern or in between? What years were the boats with failures? Any pics?
Old 12-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Registered

First pic is of my "FAKE OFFSHORE BOAT" Second pick is a "REAL OFFSHORE BOAT" slingshot. My wannabe drives on mercury boxes fit almost completely under the platform, the bravo converted boat stick out quite a bit more.

So, can we get this back on track now that we know propellers can cut people and that most of us posers don't have "REAL OFFSHORE BOATS?"
Agree on everything you have said and shown. Also would like to know about the hull cracks. I know many hustlers have tried lifting strake mods... older and newer ones regardless of the stringer conflict. This may be what some have noticed as the boats are passed down the line. Just a thought. Overall I like the 388's. Very unique styling, plenty of space, and decent speeds per HP.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
Agreed our buddies cig was next to ours. He has xr's on boxes. His def stuck out further than our stock setup but nothing like this:

https://i.imgur.com/JV9STt7.jpg
Them things need a hook to tie a hazard buoy on lmao!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.